Universal bren gun carrier

kevin powles

Kevin,

Nice vehicles, I must ask about the top one: Where did you locate a carrier in such good condition? Most of the stuff I've seen over the last few years has been rather hacked about as far as the super structure is concerned. Can I presume from the green paint that it has been restored before and then neglected (not by you)?

People will probably point you in the direction MLF but I think the people knocking around HMVF are a good bunch :laugh: just remember to keep your biscuits under lock and key while at the club house.

Hi, that top carrier pictured is un restored and in original paint as found near Cowe Hill in Canada, very complete, its a 3" mortar version that was laid up in the forest for many years, cleaned it out the other day and found a number of 1943 dated 303 rounds. I know John from Midwest as I bought this carrier from him among many other repro items for my other carrier. I'm on the MLU site but I thought they may be more British carrier owners on this site.

kevin.

ajmac

Most of the stuff I've seen over the last few years has been rather hacked about as far as the super structure is concerned.

i found this on a blog site a few weeks ago, I think it is on one the islands off Prince edwards island, possibly fixable it might have sufered with the sea air whereas a forestry one would not rot as readily.

I was wrong in the location off PE island its location is actually Sable Island which is about 220km east of Halifax NS.

the photo is from www.panoramio.com/photo/23813270

Universal in Cana&.jpg

Edited by steveo578
correction

• 3 years later...
Hi, I have a couple of bren gun carriers as pictured and am interested in contacting fellow like minded people to share restoration information. I am also looking for carrier parts and have parts to trade. drop me a line at kevinpowles@btinternet.com also looking for a dingo to purchase. thanks kevin.

Like minded as you mate but without the carriers...!!! LOL

Im looking for a project if you know of any, putting the feelers out for one.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Good luck, any updates on these??

Does it have to be a Universal/Bren carrier? Would a T16 do? If so ask Rick eddy8men

Im not too up on them, seen a few advertised on the yank websites but not side by side.

Whats the comparison priceways?

Im open to anything interesting carrier related so a T16 would fit the bill

Edited by Hoseman

Im not too up on them, seen a few advertised on the yank websites but not side by side.

Whats the comparison priceways?

Im open to anything interesting carrier related so a T16 would fit the bill

Send Rick a pm and ask Kevin as well he might know of one that is available

Like minded as you mate but without the carriers...!!! LOL

Im looking for a project if you know of any, putting the feelers out for one.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Good luck, any updates on these??

Hi, Progress is slow due to two more carriers. here is a few pictures. Note the carrier buried in the ground for many years to stop river bank erosion, now the one painted white.

kevin.

carrierexhaust 024.jpg

carrier 221211 004.jpg

downpipescarrier 010.jpg

mortarbracket2012 001.jpg

beltring2012d.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

zzaa1.jpg

carrierburied 001.jpg

caunter carrier return 030.jpg

Edited by kevin powles