More transformation than restoration!

Have been disguising the 101. Got an urge to go Down under, and as the Aussies had them too....

As it was,

101.jpg

As it is now,

100_0182.jpg

Just got a bit of interior painting to do and then we start with the Brigade markings etc. Number plates are somewhere between here and Oz as I type, and some other bits are under construction.

A very tidy looking machine Martin. I notice the wheel step is missing in your picture- i hope it hasn't been nicked! I still hanker after a 101. My old one is on Milweb at the moment, but with 3 land rovers in our fleet and a 4th just joining the collection, i can't really justify buying it back! (It is a very fine example for anyone else who is interested).

Observant lot aren't we!

The step was off while I was painting the wheels. Then I realised that I had painted all the wheel nuts green except that one wheel (senior moment?), so I went back round after the photo and painted them.

Step now back in place, Div signs fitted, number plates fitted - all ready to go!

Loaded up last night - just got to wait for Lighterweight to finish school and we're setting off for sunny Beltring.

I worked on his Fox and Ferret up there in the past, lovely spot.

Richard, I bought his Fox when it was up for grabs.

I went there to drive it home & have revisited subsequently.

I agree, it is a Beautifull view from there.

The drive as you know, is a VERY steep downhill way out. I was very anxious about my downhill departure in the Fox. But, in low gear, she simply drove slowly down without any excessive engine overrun.

It just gave me more confidence in the abilities of the Fox when driven carefully. They can be dangerous as you know if driven 'Normally' without a little extra consideration.

Mike. :-D

Have been disguising the 101. Got an urge to go Down under, and as the Aussies had them too....

As it was,

101.jpg

As it is now,

100_0182.jpg

Just got a bit of interior painting to do and then we start with the Brigade markings etc. Number plates are somewhere between here and Oz as I type, and some other bits are under construction.

I really like those tripple jerrycan holders. I would like to fit a set to my 101. I only have the original single transverse underslung version.

Does' any of our membership know where I may be able to source a tripple holder at all?

Many thanks.

Mike. :thumbsup: