Hello from Dorset UK

Hi BDRMdriver,

welcome to the nuthouse :nut: iam sure that your vehicle raises a few eyebrows in the supermarket car park, don`t go over cerne abbas way as Jack will probaly ask for a tow to get his truck started :-D

Ashley

Some photos of my BRDM2.

The missile launcher has been taken off by the previous owner, but I managed to get hold of it, so that's the next part of the project.

So far, it's been replacing belts, fixing fuel pump and learning Russian!

It starts on the button and is easy to drive. I need some wing mirrors (Landy mirrors waiting fitting) and probably sideways looking cctv.

brdm2 side.jpg

drivers seat.jpg

gunners seat.jpg

hatches.jpg

She weighs in at 7 tonnes, so ok on a normal car licence. Fully amphibious too, so I guess I need a river licence too!

Loads of cool stuff inside, even a man portable single rocket launcher...

There are things like a gieger counter, radio set, wire guided aiming system, nbc, hydraulic belly wheels (8 wheel drive), 2 or 4 wheel drive, hi/low gear, 4 forward gears.

Spares are a bit of an issue. So far ebay stuff from a bloke in Russia has been no problem. UK dealers are not much help - don't know if they are on here, Richard and Duncan???

In the end, for serious spares, I'll go over and track down my own.

I don't think that Duncan is on these forums (not sure about Richard).

As you are in Dorset, you could have a look at volunteering at the Tank Museum, they have some BRDM vehicles (one may even work). If you know what you are doing with the Russian kit, I am sure that they could use your help :D - just an idea.

Yep, I have already spoken to the 'librarian'... I just need to pop over during the week to see what they have.

I have a good manual and translations for all the controls.

What I really need is a pass to get into some of the MOD off road areas around here!