Discount at cvrt shops?

agripper

Was told some weeks back that as a member of the certain military vehicle society that they where going to give members a 5% discount at there online shop which would allow me to get slightly cheaper parts for my Sabre CVRT . Dont wish to make any negative coments but cant seem to find out if this discount has or has not been added to the online shop. Does anyone know for sure one way or another. Or of any other shops which give discount to club or society members? :confused:

you still banging on about this one AG?

since the price can be seen by anyone who accesses the shop page then it cannot be net of your membership discount can it? eg I'm no member and see the CVRT oil filter priced at £35, do you see differently?

There is no discount option on the checkout page so maybe you just underpay and hope they notice your membership!

have you noticed another person has been trying to place an order and got no responses from the relevant person!

just face the fact that you have not got what you expected from that membership and move on, I would recommend SIRHC instead, especially as he (always needs funds) will actually deliver on what he promises, always responds promptly and usually deals at a fair price too

Edited by john fox

Thanks for the positive comments John, having had 3 CVRTs and a Fox I've built up a lot of contacts when looking for parts, most of whom aren't generally willing to deal with the public. If I can help people get what they need and make it worthwhile for me then I'm happy to do it.

As for the AFV Society, Agripper, I think you need to give up with your membership. You're the only person that I know of who paid for membership!

Unfortunaltly Agripper isn't the only one who paid - I can only sympathise I joined when I bought my Sabre but got no benefit. I am sure that it is well intentioned but it looks like a closed shop to me. I never heard of any AFV society events or was invited before they happened and the members area had nothing in it of any use.

On a positive note the forums were very useful but of course you dont need to be a member to use them.

in their defence they were a friendly enough bunch at W&P last year but came across as a bunch who will really only respond once they know you well (so not yet me!). So no different to most of humanity when approached for help from someone they don't know and aren't being paid by, but in sharp contrast to at least one other I happily name: Richard F :angel: who helps anyone :bow:

So yes, its a closed group and is not really committed to running an online business. The "club" side does also depend on how well you know them - a friend of mine (who is not a vehicle owner but is very personable) has been to one of their get togthers, but as you say no formal event last year. There is one this year, see the website and get to know them?

Don't forget, some still have dayjobs working for Alvis, so society side fits in around their availablity, ie non availablity - some of them were certainly abroad in a sandy area last year doing a slightly more important job than bits for ex MVs!

PS someone has to pay for the forums, we don't all have Jack's largesse

The hardest part of owning any historic and rare vehicle is shortage of spares. I have only been able to find a few places which advertise parts on mil web. there is the avlis society shop , I did find the ex mod to be quite good but they seem to be in the middle of a move at present so have to wait on parts request. I had seem a another shop on line a bit back but did not save teh page and since then cant find it. does anyone have a list of shops which stck parts for both cvrt , landrover and centurion tank?