So just how powerful is a Hercules?

Tony B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the comments, apparently it would be impossible to blow over onto one wheel while it was on the ground, so the suggestion from the Jersey flying club was it was flying/landing :shocked:

I'd seriously consider another form of transport into Jersey if that is the standard of flying activity!

I like the comments, apparently it would be impossible to blow over onto one wheel while it was on the ground, so the suggestion from the Jersey flying club was it was flying/landing :shocked:

I'd seriously consider another form of transport into Jersey if that is the standard of flying activity!

I can assure you it isn't! The Airport in Jersey has a long , busy, proud history. One of the more dubious being a Lufftwaffe base in WW2.

• 3 weeks later...
How big vehicles can fit into Hercules? I need dimensions of entrance and cargo bay, can you help?

The C-130H cargo deck is aproximately 40' long, 10' wide and 9' high.

as a rule it can carry anything that fits within these measurements.

I can dig up a more accurate measurement if you wish.

Cheers

Barf

The Herc would have no trouble blowing it over on the ground, With enough power to drag 40 odd tonnes of Herc into the air, the light aircraft would easily tip up in the wash