Tiger I @ Wheatcroft

ajmac

Chaps,

I saw a photo of the Tiger from Maryland which had been cut away on both the Turret and hull for training or the Museum I would imagine. Is it being put back into 'wartime' condition in the UK and recommissioned into a running vehicle or is it only over for a cosmetic makeover?

Any time scales?

Where have all the armour buffs gone? Forum activity seems to be inversely proportunal to hours of daylight :-D

PS. I read that too Jack, I just wondered if we may see two Tiger Is driving together sometime over the next few years at Tankfest.... would be nice.

The Aberdeen Tigger was over from Munster for a tarting up by Mr. W's team.

I believed it to have already winged it's way back to Aberdeen, (though it may still be in storage as I recall the original plane that was going to take it home had a little accident, that was a fair while back though).

The rumour-mill implied that there was to be some blueprinting done during it's stay in Leicestershire, with the thought of building a replica... but hey, that's the rumour-mill, so you never really know ;).

Cheers,

Adam.