Morris C8 GS Starter motor

Morris C8

My Morris starter motor has given up, had it repaired but that lasted 3 mins and is beyond repaire [starting to crack on the back plate. Does any one know or have a spare one for sale or know of a moden one that would fit my 1944 Morris C8 GS. Did the 4x2 morris have the same stater motor fitted?

Bad luck ..... What type of metal is it made from ? It might be possible for it to be welded or bronzed together . It may have broken because of a internal fault ... something jammed or made the armature seize ?

The 4 cyl 'E' series motor was also used in the 15 cwt 4X2 C4 . The 6 Cyl. OH series has a different starter I believe .

Mike

Thanks mike for the info. The inside of the starter motor wanted to turn and broke the spring at the end but the end plate has at least 6 cracks in it, and in all the wrong places. Had the starter remade new spring and insides but that lasted 3 mins and back to square one.

Just hope someone has a starter or end plate.

Keith

Finally remembered to go & look in the garage , hoped I might be able to help - mine looks like this & fits the 1550cc engine fitted to my Series II 10 cwt . Now I've had a proper look it is obviously different - can't read the numerals fully , the part I can read says 256044 & 12v .

Davie

DSCF0023.jpg