CMP trucks in Normandy

Other than Richard Farrant and Chris I did not run into any other HMVF members (not that I know of, that is!).

Richard brought his trusty Bedford QL and Chris brought his freshly restored Bedford MW - follow the link in the quote below.

- Hanno

I met Chris and his MW at Graye sur Mer, but I bet he drove it all over the place.

Nice meeting you Chris, and great work on the MW!

Regards,

Hanno

Edited by mcspool

Other than Richard Farrant and Chris I did not run into any other HMVF members (not that I know of, that is!).

hi Hanno,

It was nice to see you, although briefly. We had been up to Longues a couple of times looking for you. There were a few other HMVF members at Etreham. The week was very enjoyable, and it was good to meet Rippo, who was camped next to us there, (hope you got back safely with your MW, mate).

I am pretty sure I passed Chris (sirhc) on Sunday along the coast road.

I must have just missed you!!

John,

Pity we did miss each other, I did stop to admire your beautiful truck though! Hope to meet you in person at another show sometime soon.

Hanno

Edited by mcspool

hi Hanno,

It was nice to see you, although briefly. We had been up to Longues a couple of times looking for you.

Hi Richard,

Yes it was good to shake hands and chat briefly. The Australians were dying to get to Port-en-Bessin as they wanted a front row seat for the fireworks. As I could not make it to Normandy earlier than Thursday evening due to other commitments, I had to miss the impromptu meeting at Batterie Longues.

Are you planning to come over to Holland for the Market-Garden commemorations?

Hanno

Edited by mcspool

I was also at Etrham but in the field with the bike tour as was fc101daz

Nigel

ps , saw "willow "parked up on the camp very nice indeed

I too was at the MVT Etreham camp site on the outside corner with the 352 GMC, 109 Land Rover and a couple of bikes, a Triumph 5SW and BSA M20.

• 1 month later...

I completely forgot about this thread.

Thanks for the comments, a lot of hard work went into "willow" and it paid off in france, i'm glad i got it right!!

David i remember you dashing about on the beach whilst i was busy fending people off the truck.

Thats is a real shame i missed you hanno i think there was only one day I left the mw and went out in the car, are you going to war and peace?

I too was at Etreham. We were tucked in the corner that backed on to the road and the entrance. In the photo attached we were the jeep with the wooden bodied British 10cwt trailer and James ML. No doubt saw some of you and possibly even spoke to you without realising it. Though I did have a chat about 'Willow' during a walk about on the site.

P1020160.jpg