Camouflage netting, the right types etc

Adam Elsdon

When i was in the mob i used to use the stuff you tend to find going at surplus stores, green netting with green and brown leafy panels tied to it for the vegetation effect, or desert or white, depending on theatre.

How were cam nets constructed in WW2 and up to the present modern day netting.

I read somewhere that the early nets had hessian tied into them for covering effect and were then dyed.

anybody have any pictures of the correct brit patterns? and how they were constructed?

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
When i was in the mob i used to use the stuff you tend to find going at surplus stores, green netting with green and brown leafy panels tied to it for the vegetation effect, or desert or white, depending on theatre.

How were cam nets constructed in WW2 and up to the present modern day netting.

I read somewhere that the early nets had hessian tied into them for covering effect and were then dyed.

anybody have any pictures of the correct brit patterns? and how they were constructed?

There is a very comprehensive army booklet on the subject.

it is very rare i paid £100 for one on behalf of a friend.It is very complex and not just a random pattern.This is a ww2 book and doesnt cover the plastic stuff.It doesnt cover the art of arsfarting .:-D

it is very rare i paid £100 for one on behalf of a friend.It is very complex and not just a random pattern.This is a ww2 book and doesnt cover the plastic stuff.It doesnt cover the art of arsfarting .:-D

Perhaps it was this?

Camouflage, Military Training Pamphlet No. 46 Part 1, General Principles, Equipment & Materials (all Arms) 26/GS Publications/50, 1941.

A publication you don't see too often, although there were 300,000 of them printed.

Perhaps it was this?

Camouflage, Military Training Pamphlet No. 46 Part 1, General Principles, Equipment & Materials (all Arms) 26/GS Publications/50, 1941.

A publication you don't see too often, although there were 300,000 of them printed.

Could of been Clive,i bid for it on e.bay,funny story i made a mistake in bidding and instead of £10 i did something wrong and my max bid was £100,went away for wk end,came back and found i had won for £100,

There was lots of bids up to £99.50 i couldnt believe it.My mate didnt seem unduly surprised.Think it was Canadian though.:-D

That used a Mk 2/1 cloaking device and had nothing to do with Cam nets, or even Fish nets for a matter of fact!

This is one of the best uses of large scale camouflage i have seen, it is the Lockheed Burbank aircraft plant, they were concerned it would be readily visible if the Japanese sent in the bombers, and been a major producer of war materials the US army engineers were brought in to come up with a solution to hide the factory. The finished result was a camouflage job that made it blend with the suburbs around it, leaving some buildings protruding through the greenery, hiding large parts of the production plant and associated roadways, car parks and yards. very clever.

Lockheed Burbank Aircraft plant1.jpg

Lockheed plant after camouflage.jpg

If you look at the big hangar in the foreground with the large aircraft in front of it in the first picture, you can see it in the camouflaged version, it has had two houses painted on each upper end to give the effect that it is lower than it is, the giveaway is the main hangar door is open to let in a small aircraft.

arsfarting .:-D

:shocked: OY..........C.W.you know what happened last time you started on the arsfarts............:sweat::sweat::sweat:

The publication, in question also had a part two,......

Military Training Pamphlet, No 46 part 2: Field Defences;........

Worth a look if you see one.

Andy

:shocked: OY..........C.W.you know what happened last time you started on the arsfarts............:sweat::sweat::sweat:

The publication, in question also had a part two,......

Military Training Pamphlet, No 46 part 2: Field Defences;........

Worth a look if you see one.

Andy

:whistle::whistle::whistle: