Birthday Blues.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

The invitation came today for the annual Nelson boat rally and round the island race.Cmdr Thorneycroft started it many years ago and as we own his old boat we have strived for the last few years to make the event.

We have battled through bent props,Exhaust leaks that bad ,people thought we were on fire,water leaks.oil spraying around the engine room through a burst oil pressure gauge feed pipe.Pump failure,stuck at full throttle,limped in on one engine.But we allways got there.We managed to give most members the ride of there lives,Gate crashed the Fleet Review,got three cheers and hats of from one of the aircraft carriers.

This year i have to send my apolagies for failing to attend,i am gutted.

Thanks Comrade Brown and all your cronies.

I have been supported by many along the way,A special thanks to Patweazle who made it all possible in the beginning,her unswerving commitment to me and the boat new no bounds.Each time i broke it the cry would go up,That bloody boat.But the money came from somewhere.

Jim and Andy whos company i miss greatly.

Its been a roller coaster few years,Extreme highs and Lows,Even in the bad times we found something to laugh at.

I have been fortunate to have done what i have as many never get the chance,none of it came easy and every penny was grafted for.

As a thank you to all the people involved along the way i have put together a few pics.As i have introduced most of them to the Forum

i have posted on here so they can see them as well as Forum members.

Many thanks to the Forum members who have given support in your replys

in the Engine rebuild thread.Richard wont like the Music ,sorry mate.:cry:

th_HoratiaPicsandmusic.jpg

Pics 11 out of 10, music.......oh dear:-D

Sorry Mate,in an effort to not grow old i have got to quite like it. Couldnt find my Sing along with max.:-D

Here CW you could always join in with the Somali Pirates!. Just think of all them big tankers you could get to play with

I would have to fit fuel heaters to burn crude :-D.

A sad day indeed John, those of us who have sampled the enjoyment that owning such a boat must bring you, know how hard it must be being forced to put her aside. I just hope that sooner rather than later a way will be found to carry on.

Thanks for a spiffing day out.

See, it is not just me that did not like the music :(.

Great pics though. You have had a lot of good times to look back on, we cannot do all that we would like to do.

I can never do anybo..thing that I want to do:banghead:

we cannot do all that we would like to do.

Gonna die trying though mate.Thought the words fitted my mood and how i felt.:-D

A sad day indeed John, those of us who have sampled the enjoyment that owning such a boat must bring you, know how hard it must be being forced to put her aside. I just hope that sooner rather than later a way will be found to carry on.

Thanks for a spiffing day out.

It was a pleasure to take the three muskateers out,it couldnt of been a better last run,even if Andy did run over that rope.:-D

Don't know what to say, having some idea how much that must mean to you. But what a fantastic voyage you've had with her to date :)

So let's just hope she's back in the water before too long.

And that Twin Caterpillar cartoon is just priceless! The letter shows how much pleasure you and Horatia have given the day-trippers. Good on you, Cap'n Weazle!:captain:

Didn't know about gate-crashing the fleet!!

CW ! I watched that video and let a big sigh out at the end ! I echo everyone elses comments and really wish I could do something to help ! I've only met you a couple of times but really regard you as a TOP BLOKE ! It p---e's me right off the way things are here in blighty ! Its gotta change:banghead: ! Kindest regards Andy

:rofl:

They're not saluting - they're holding their noses for what they know is about to come (this pic taken a few seconds later from the naval ship oppsite)

You silly arse we were going the other way,:rofl::rofl:

ok am i missing something here

has the ship sunk or been on fire or something

David ,we tend to make a little black smoke at times due to me being impatiant and not waiting for the turbos to catch up.Tony trying to cheer me up.:-D

CW ! I watched that video and let a big sigh out at the end ! I echo everyone elses comments and really wish I could do something to help ! I've only met you a couple of times but really regard you as a TOP BLOKE ! It p---e's me right off the way things are here in blighty ! Its gotta change:banghead: ! Kindest regards Andy

Cheers Mate,another day tomorrow,just feeling sorry for me self.

I know i will pull the champ engine out tomorrow give me something to do.

Had a busy three days but nowt tomorrow.:sweat:

Hope it all comes together again for you soon mate . As I said to you at BB it was a genuine pleasure to meet you at last . Good luck .

Davie

Cheers mate ,its funny how some people you meet you feel you have known them for years.Pleasure to meet you to .:-D