Russian camouflage patterns?

Stone

Question

With British vehicles the camouflage is done on a very ad-hoc basis - no vehicle looks quite alike, and deliberately so.

With Russian vehicles they go out of their way to standardise what they look like :cool:

1_057.jpg

1_052.jpg

Since there seems to be a standard, has anyone got a reference for how each vehicle is painted, or was this done just for the parade? :tup::

Stone

5 answers to this question

From the vehicles I've seen I would hazard a guess that this was a parade finish. That said vehicle types in the Berlin scheme had identical paint jobs to confuse the Soviet observers as to numbers so maybe a similar idea is at work here - but then - why parade them all in public if trying to hide the numbers????

but then - why parade them all in public if trying to hide the numbers????

From what I've heard the Russian parades tend to feature units going round the block several times to appear more impressive so you might not be far off the mark ;-)

Stone

they have a lot of gear, it may not be the best, it may not be the most technically advanced but it works and it is well sorted generally...I would not knock them, but can imagine the ideollogy coming up with a cam pattern that is the same for all the vehicles in the parade...