Military seddon atkinsons

Try this for size.............. the dash is almost identical to the Daf 85's of the nineties.

Another truck on my shopping list. (Sorry I'm a no money dreamer :-( )

Enjoy............. apparently the seller wanted six hundred squids for it.........

I could nearly afford that....:-D

6x6 thats a face lifted 401 different grille, and bumper. the seddon in nicks pic is the strato (or it was in civvi life!!) just noticed the first pic you posted 6x6 is a left hooker, any reason for this??

cheers

james

This one's a 400 model, and it's towing a trailer that would have originally been coupled to a 20 ton Scammell Crusader unit.

Well, let's face it, trailers are known to be very promiscuous. The one in the 'photo below was originally going out with an AEC Mandator but can be seen here, in broad daylight, enjoying an intimate relationship with a Seddon Atkinson 401.:shocked:

sc00035b83.jpg

Its obvious there's "trailor-sharing" going on check out the number plates on tractor and trailor? i dont think theres strictly a trailor for a specific tractor however i may be wrong!! any more pics of seddons guys?

Another random question i remember years ago in trucking international or something like that they did a article on british logistics in kosovo(if i remember correctly!) they were with a foden of the R.C.T, now that had a mount in the cab for a SA80. My question is did earler models of vehicle have mounts for say a S.L.R or more to the point a STERLING (think thats more appropriate!) Help!!!

Its obvious there's "trailor-sharing" going on check out the number plates on tractor and trailor? i dont think theres strictly a trailor for a specific tractor however i may be wrong!! any more pics of seddons guys?

The armed forces trailers have their own numbers and the tractor number is never displayed on them.