Riversde Steam Rally (April 18/19th 2009)

Just got back from a brilliant rally held at the Riverside caravan park in Southport. Weather was fantastic and they had a great turn out.

Here are some of my pictures.

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

Mine and my Dads Austin K9's.

DSC_0223.jpg

Booths Scammell Explorer helping move a sinking steamer.

DSC_0244-2.jpg

Two of the three Diamond T 980 Primemovers that were at the rally.

DSC_0248.jpg

A couple of Jeeps.

DSC_0271-1.jpg

Ex-RAF BMC LD mark 2 Ambulance

DSC_0351.jpg

Gorgeous little Morris Commercial was in the Auction.

DSC_0402.jpg

Johnson's Scammells.

DSC_0403.jpg

Booths Scammells with the third Diamond T.

DSC_0401.jpg

Looking between a Leyland Hippo and an Austin K9 towards a Morris Commercial.

Edited by Austin

yes, was a brill day, weather hot, good selection of vehicles, got good potential!!!!, Was a bit miffed that I had to park with the rest of the Landys, hopefully next year they will include a Military section.

My photos will be uploaded to my site soon!!!!

Didnt take to long to get there either, left Stoke at 0700. arrived on site 0905. pity there was no signs to the site from Ormskirk direction though!!

Anyway, enjoyed myself, so did my girlfriend and her son, both Steam Rally Virgins!!!!!!

Did the morris commercial and the matador sell in the auction?

All the best

Mark :cool:

I agree with the military section thing, the field at the back would of been Ideal.

I was talking to an organiser and they recon they'll be having another later this year! :)

The Matador didn't sell, reserve was at 3k and bidding went to £2700. I don't know about the little Morris.

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0371.JPG

was looking good, you should have come across and said hello. I noticed that your one was HG, mine is HG aswell, do you know the history of yours?

Mark

PS, photos now on my site

PPS, whats the collective nown for Leyland Hippos? there was 4 there (3 WW11, 1 postwar)

Didnt take to long to get there either, left Stoke at 0700. arrived on site 0905. pity there was no signs to the site from Ormskirk direction though!!

We went on Saturday, fantastic weather then a well, made for a great show.

Can't believe anyone struggled to find it. There were masses of large direction boards coming from Chorley. They must have spent a fortune and a lot of time posting them up.

Anyway here's a few more photo's

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00938.jpg

Originally purchased by me with a tree growing throughit.. had chassis up rebuild in desert colour to replicate one i had in the early 1980s ..was then sold and restored by me in to Audsleys recovery livery was in a fire in the early 1990s .. then sold to Robert Abram and restored by Johnsons of Banks to the current condition