Isuzu 2.77 Turbo diesel into a Landy??

antarmike

Question

Has anyone any views of the practicality of putting the Isuzu 2.77 Litre engine into a series landy? Is an adaptor plate needed or is one available? The engine is in good order and has a new timing belt. The trooper it is in may not pass next MOT in a few weeks so I am concidering a plan B.

11 answers to this question

Got the beast in the Range Rover, a bit of chopping needed on the bell housing. Uses a Land Rover 90 clutch plate.One problem you might find in a series the engine likes it's revs. will be bery lowed geared, btu a beutiful lump, Land Rover should have bought them in for teh Range Rover years ago.

Isuzui are very helpful. The advice they gave me was find a Vauxhall Montery thats been hit from behind and get the 3.1 turbo lump. May have Vauxhall on the top but is Isuzui all the way down. If you do decide to re body it, use a Range Rover!! No insert needed just a bit of work with grinder to fit starter motor and a 90 clutch plate,

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

The only one i found was any good was a Mazda 35slt,licence built Perkins,i know there are others out there that will agree,comparable power to 3.5 v8 and lots more torque.Theres no substitute for cubes.and i dont mean the ones on Hayling.:-D:cool2:

Yes you're right about the Mazda CW. I know a chap who put a 6cyl Nissan in a 110, very difficult job but it worked well, as far as I know the only problem was cost of parts, when his starter failed he was quoted about £400 for a replacement and that was about ten years ago.

i drove a range rover with a mazda diesel in it on an auto box it was as fast as my nissan navara also im on with building a hybrid series 1 with a mazda engine in it on a manual gearbox i will post sum pictures

Top man,hope your not using a series g/box though,:nono:

Yes you're right about the Mazda CW. I know a chap who put a 6cyl Nissan in a 110, very difficult job but it worked well, as far as I know the only problem was cost of parts, when his starter failed he was quoted about £400 for a replacement and that was about ten years ago.

Crikey he could of got it rewound for half that:shocked: