Hi.

TomasCTT

Hello.

I'm Tomas posting from the Philippines and I came across this site looking for interior pictures of the Chieftain MBT.

First off, I am a plastic modeler, and I must admit my hobby pales in comparison to the hobby/work you guys do in restoring real military vehicles.

I build usually modern armor at 1/35 scale because I suck at building anything else. One of my builds, a 1/35 Challenger, is featured at Armorama (you can read here)

My current project is a super-detailed 1/35 Chieftain. I am using the old Tamiya Chieftain kit and converting it into a Mk11. Some pix can be found here)

If it is ok, I will be asking some of the Chieftain owners/restorers here for some interior pictures of their Chieftains. I already have a lot from various internet sources, but there are still "blank areas" to fill.

If it is also ok, I would like to give some small contribution by posting in-progress pictures of my Chieftain model project as it goes along.

Professionally, I am a lawyer (so cue in the lawyer jokes) in the Philippines. My chief interests are in military history and mil-tech.

Other than that, I'm a boring person.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tomas

EDIT:

PS. Great site. :)

Edited by TomasCTT
Added postscript

Hi Tomas, as a new modelling member, was it you who just superglued Jack's GMC to the workshop floor? He'll think it's the brakes again...... There will be trouble :argh:

Your Challenger review on Armorama is excellent - just one point, when you state that for realism you filled the hull with a "quarter kilo of nails", please note over here it is usual to describe a bu%%ered engine as sounding like a "bag of nails" :whistle:

Edited by N.O.S.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. :)

Melchy: Are you a Filipino too or at least know our customs? :)

Hi Tomas,

My wife is from the Philippines :-D met while I was living in HongKong and married for 19 years. I've been to Philippines to visit the family 6 or 7 times now but I'm still learning the language, slowly but surely.

I love the model tanks, I've done a few but they don't compare to what you've done, great work mate!

Cheers

Melchy

Edited by melchy