Ewok Says Hi!

Ewok

Hi Guys, Just a few lines to introduce myself. My Real name is Alan and I ride a BSA WM20 of 1940 vintage (although the engine is a '43) the first military vehicle I have owned. I have ridden bikes since I was 15, way back in the mists of time (1964) and rode summer and winter till 2001. Following an incident on my Ducati 900S Monster (I took the wing out of a BMW with my leg) I had to stop riding for 4 years. I bought my BSA in Framlingham (where my Dad was stationed during the war) and it bore thr markings of the Royal Artillery. My Dad served in the RA, which was unusual as he was part of a Searchlight Battery (Normally RE.). I just had to have the bike with all those family connections. She is off the road at the moment with a rear wheel puncture while I wait for a new tube. Alan AKA Ewok

Welcome to the Friendliest Forum on the net . Glad you survived the contact with the vehicle , when ever a motorcycle and another vehicle make contact its never just a bump . There are a number of other members here who lovingly restore both motorcycles and bicycles We have a separate parking area for them , so please use the bike shed lest the large and less forgiving vehicles flatten it.

As a new member you will have a series of chores assigned to you , once those are done you may be invited in to the club house pub/bar for a chance to buy all those before you a pint .

Welcome and enjoy. Oh yes plase post a pic or snap or your pride and joy when you can We all like to look at each others Vehicles.

Hi and welcome, I know what you mean about bike v car so now I stick with four wheels as "leathers" are nearly more expensive than Land Rovers and I don't like "kissing" cars + BMW drivers get out of the way when your in a Land Rover, hope you enjoy your bike once the tube comes and your back on the road

I ride a BSA WM20 of 1940 vintage (although the engine is a '43) the first military vehicle I have owned.

Hey Ewok, I keep reminding everyone on here that I can remember that, back in the 1960's, Pride and Clark in Brixton, London were selling these wonderful WM20's brand new, in wooden crates, for £25. Yes, I'm that old. Welcome to the forum. It would be nice to see some pix of your BSA sometime. Cheers.