Atlas Crane Hydraulic Fluid?

And now for a sensible reply.............

In our Hydropacks on our tankers we use Comma LIC 10 hydraulic oil which is suitable for crane use. I used to use Mobil DTE oils,,,DTE 30 if I remember rightly. If you go to most tractor dealers stores, or a forklift suppliers and ask for an oil suitable for a tractor mounted hedge cutter or independant hydraulics loader, they will sell you a suitable oil or they may have a list of recommended grades for your crane

You will be ok with the Comma oil. It's a clear colourless mineral oil and suitable for most hydraulics. Some motor factors keep the oil in 20L containers too. :)

I need to top up the hydraulic fluid on the Atlas crane on my Foden FH70 Limber, any ideas on the grade used? Civvy spec please, can't deal with Military prefix's

Simon,

Can't say specifically for the FH70 crane, but Alas cranes in general, on all other army vehicles was OM33 ( military code) hyd oil, which in civvy speak is an ISO32 grade of oil. Often find agricultural machinery dealers are very well priced for this sort of thing.