Newbie - Hello All !

Barra

Hello Everyone!

I've been looking at this site for a while now, very good information here, thanks to all involved.

I've got an old Brockhouse Military trailer which I'm currently tyring to restore

If anyone knows anything about them or has a manual I'd appreciate your help please, details of my trailer from plates on it are as follows:

Power Plant Elec. 2-3.5 kva. 120/240V (generator removed - empty trailer since I had it)

S/P. 50 C/S. No. 1 Mk. 2. TRAILER 1 TON

6115-99-102-2998 PRV 336

Vechicle No. 95BK27 (reg no)

Chassis No. 9527

U/LCcfG (small badge on both sides)

There's also an assembly badge under lots of paint - it seems to be FV13056.

I'll open a restoration thread when I'm starting the work - in the Blogs of MV restorations, so I can share my experience of restoring this great trailer.

brockhouse.jpg

detail1.jpg

The trailer is a perfect fit for my Gaz66 V8 xCzech army truck, Russian made

Hope to acquaint myself with a few of you over time, and I will share my experience of restoring the Brockhouse trailer so that anyone here may benefit.... actually I'll be restoring the running gear and chassis and then modifying it with a frame and box cover, so I can use it as a mobile workshop.

Barra (West of Ireland)

Edited by Barra

Hi MB

Thanks! here's a nice pic of my Gaz...

30.jpg

and one with the Brockhouse on back - it's a perfect match - strange how life turned out for these two machines who were born on opposite sides of the iron curtain :)

emailgazforest-1.jpg

Edited by Barra

I'll open a restoration thread when I'm starting the work - in the Blogs of MV restorations, so I can share my experience of restoring this great trailer.

Barra (West of Ireland)

Welcome to the forum Barra. Restoration threads are always keenly followed and we like trailers. Looking forward to your trailer thread joining the other trailer Blogs already on here. Great 'photos of Gaz. Thanks.

Hi All

Thanks for the welcomes!

The Gaz66 engine is a V8 4.2 litre petrol - like the old American Packard, does about 15mpg, two 20 gallon fuel tanks, slip differential, great big lugs, pto runs generator/transformer and delivers 200v in the back or can be hooked to a beefy winch, built in compressor for inflating tyres and air tools, eberspacher type heater, insulated cabin -a great old truck and like any of them requires considerable maintenance!