Albion WDHD 23S Restoration. Will's.

Swill1952xs

Hi guys,

To Swill1952xs/Phil Munga in sunny Darlington and Albion HD/WD.

As an admirer of the great Albion WD23N truck, thought, I would mention that some good bitz have surfaced in Classic and Vintage Commercials magazine (May 2010) this month.

Should you not have seen this, there is an engine for sale , contact details are below (this is a subscriber ad number which will search out the advertiser by parameters they have set within the ad structure).

Ad reads "Albion Used Petrol engine for 6x4 Machinery. Offers. Albion F10.42L petrol engine complete for 6x4 machinery truck.(precis) One MOD recon, front, centre rear and rear axle, all wooden-boxed and stored in dry building, available for inspection by appointment. 07043 568226 Shropshire.

Hope this helps the restoration of yours or any other examples of this great vehicle. BW. Mike

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to but in, but whilst I was looking through my slides taken in mid 1980's I found this.

Is it still about?

Mark :cool:

went to buy albion 18years ago told wouldnt sell it to englishman told some time after he cut it up think there was 4 war time gun tractors round the back as well

Pistons again..................

Apparently new big end shells aren't available, and the top shells are just going through the tinned surface. The top shell is different from the bottom in as much that the shells are located by a peg in the big end cap. As new shells aren't available; I had thought of drilling a new hole in the top bearing shell and inverting them, as the top shell always wears out first. I know it's a bit of a bodge, but it wont be doing millions of miles and should last ok. I doubt whether I could afford to have the shells reconditioned, so this may be the only option.

DSC00238.jpg

:)

Ouch expensive! just had a 1930's four cylinder Auto Union engine big end bearings re-tinned and machined as they were knackered.....£1000!........... + VAT!!!!:nut:

Barry