Brakes...bleeding!

Jack

Or bleeding brakes :twisted:

When I can to move the truck today the brakes where first of all fine but after I had driven it from the barn then the brakes very soft and the pedal nearly went to the floor so I checked the oil and the tank was empty so I top it up with more brake fluid and watched it as air bubbles came to the top.

I was expecting to have to bleed the system :cry: but as soon as I had top the oil up then the brakes where fine :shock: this has happened to me once before with the same results.

What is all that about then or wasn't the tank completely empty?

Yours confused and concerned.

Jack.

PS. Now that the truck is home...expect this section to get busy :oops: :cry:

Jack,make sure it's not going into the sump. the other place would be the Hydrovac.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CCKW brakes :?

Matt.

I had driven it from the barn then the brakes very soft and the pedal nearly went to the floor so I checked the oil and the tank was empty so I top it up with more brake fluid and watched it as air bubbles came to the top.

Jack,

Something that requires immediate attention by sound of it. First check for any external leaks, that includes checking for any leaks from the bottom of brake drums (indicating a leaking wheel cylinder). It does sound like the hydrovac (servo / booster) could be where it is leaking. If there is a build up in that unit, the engine can suck up the fluid and exhaust gets smoky, noticeable by an unusual smell.

Thats the fun of MV's, always something to do :lol:

Richard