Hello from Snowy Belvedere

KernelMart

Hello,

Been meaning to join the HMVF for a while and as I've got the day off from work, got round to it.

I've had an interest in military things, World War 2 onwards since I was a child. Always fancied owning an ex-military vehicle and last year had the means so bought myself a Land Rover. Its fairly practical (had to justify it to myself!) and just about fits in the garage. Its an Series 3 109 FFR, no radio equipment, but, I will do something about that this year. Was well looked after by previous owner. Great fun driving it, always got a grin on my face when out in it. I've put a picture in my album.

Will be at the Bunker Bash in May and hopefully Military Mayhem in August, and some other events too.

Thanks,

Martin

Hello,

Been meaning to join the HMVF for a while and as I've got the day off from work, got round to it.

I've had an interest in military things, World War 2 onwards since I was a child. Always fancied owning an ex-military vehicle and last year had the means so bought myself a Land Rover. Its fairly practical (had to justify it to myself!) and just about fits in the garage. Its an Series 3 109 FFR, no radio equipment, but, I will do something about that this year. Was well looked after by previous owner. Great fun driving it, always got a grin on my face when out in it. I've put a picture in my album.

Will be at the Bunker Bash in May and hopefully Military Mayhem in August, and some other events too.

Thanks,

Martin

Hello Martin.

I used to live out that way.Spent three years there with my ex.Had a place near Erith train station for a 1 1/2 years.Then moved to Abbey Wood Road Lower Belverdere.Next to the old Bromley Caravans.I found a few MV,s around the area.One was a Pig,wich was just off the abbey wood road going up to upper belverdere.I'm positive he is a member here also.The other find was at the bottom of Abbey wood near the ruins,and under neath the the (bus stop flyover at Thamesmead).There was a back garden of a house that contained a 432,Ferret,101,Lightweight.And i think a pig.All visible from the flyover.Some of them looked like they hadnt been moved in years.

Hi Martin -

Welcome to the forum.

Used to work not far from you in Nathan Way, Thamesmead. Worked for Kenfield Recovery doing heavy commercial recovery.

Now work in Gravesend as a fireman.

See you around at the local shows, etc.

Markheliops

Hi Martin -

Welcome to the forum.

Used to work not far from you in Nathan Way, Thamesmead. Worked for Kenfield Recovery doing heavy commercial recovery.

Now work in Gravesend as a fireman.

See you around at the local shows, etc.

Markheliops

Kenfield used to do a lot of work for our old company.They used to do a lot of contract work for Ryders and Transfleet.

Hi Andy,

Yes I'll be popping along to Firepower on the Saturday, only in the car, the Landie needs a little bit of work before coming out.

and

Hi Lord Burley,

Yes I remember the house near the flyover. The only one I recognised at the time the MVs were there was the lightweight. I'm better informed now. My Dad did say he once saw a tracked vehicle being loaded onto a low loader one year, might have been going to Beltring as it was about that time. The vehicles have all gone now, my Dad says they moved away, can't remember when though.

There's a 110 FFR that lives near me in their front garden, got a bit of camo net 'stuffed' in the bonnet spare wheel. Maybe they're on here? Looks nice too.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Andy,

Yes I'll be popping along to Firepower on the Saturday, only in the car, the Landie needs a little bit of work before coming out.

and

Hi Lord Burley,

Yes I remember the house near the flyover. The only one I recognised at the time the MVs were there was the lightweight. I'm better informed now. My Dad did say he once saw a tracked vehicle being loaded onto a low loader one year, might have been going to Beltring as it was about that time. The vehicles have all gone now, my Dad says they moved away, can't remember when though.

There's a 110 FFR that lives near me in their front garden, got a bit of camo net 'stuffed' in the bonnet spare wheel. Maybe they're on here? Looks nice too.

Thanks,

Martin

The 110 might also be the owner of the Pig.Shame about the 432 family going.As that was quite a collection in someones back garden.

• 1 month later...