rear axle scammell explorer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all do any of you know the full itinerary of the recovery gear for the scammell explorer :-D .

Yes, it varied slightly between contracts but at one stage I had every single item brand spanking new including the rare manual chainsaw in it's leather case:-D The oak skids/rollers/gunplanks would cost a small fortune at todays prices.

Okay, I have even started to look, but are Explorer rear hub oilseals, easy to get, standard items or where should I be looking??
i can give the manual part no. then i would talk to chrisg done me well. oil seal(type "Weston"W 71952562/N) . M.T.or propriatary part no LV6/MT1/CW/W71952562/N/SSS :-D Hope this helps

i can give the manual part no. then i would talk to chrisg done me well. oil seal(type "Weston"W 71952562/N) . M.T.or propriatary part no LV6/MT1/CW/W71952562/N/SSS :-D Hope this helps

Thats a right bu**er of a size

They could have spelt HOLLEBONE correctly:(

Knight Surplus have several new ones in stock if anyone is looking for some.

I still have a pair of H/D bow shackles and a pair of rope slings lurking in the garage for someone to complete their kit.

Edited by radiomike7

If that number is correct the size is 7 3/16 x 5 1/4 x 5/8 nothing is listed. however if theres a misprint and it should be W71962563 (7 3/16 x 6 1/4 x 5/8) Thats a listed size that should be available

Okay, I have even started to look, but are Explorer rear hub oilseals, easy to get, standard items or where should I be looking??

HI there Antarmike,

Try BSL, you will have to google them for your nearest branch.

I got some off them about 6 years ago, Leather too !

kind sir is there any pictures of the indivdual items or layouts :-D i could read the items on the picture but did not know the terminology or abreviations of them :???

I assume you are talhing about the equipment list. difficult to keep track with various conversations. Suppose this is the rear axle thread

Sorry i don't have pictures of individual pieces of kit so you will have to ask the others and do some reserch (all part of the fun ) There was a Scammell explorer at the noth fort in Weymouth, The chaps there said it was fully kitted out. wonder who bought it and where it is now. Very rotten living next to the sea.

HI there Antarmike,

Try BSL, you will have to google them for your nearest branch.

I got some off them about 6 years ago, Leather too !

Or Me :cool2: Just need to know the size

Edited by Chrisg
missed infomation

kind sir is there any pictures of the indivdual items or layouts :-D i could read the items on the picture but did not know the terminology or abreviations of them :???

I am sure there must be a REME publication that shows them, but all I can offer is a good description if there is anything you need to know.

Hi there if you have any luck finding the seals let me know as mine were leaking when i got her home. I have since drained 45 liters of oil out of the walking beams and they have stopped. I have'nt driven it for about 3 years so they may still leak when its on the move. If you have to get some made let me know as we could go halves on the cost. you never know a few others may need some too.

PS Mine is a first contract explorer are the seals the same as the later ones.

Hi there if you have any luck finding the seals let me know as mine were leaking when i got her home. I have since drained 45 liters of oil out of the walking beams and they have stopped. I have'nt driven it for about 3 years so they may still leak when its on the move. If you have to get some made let me know as we could go halves on the cost. you never know a few others may need some too.

PS Mine is a first contract explorer are the seals the same as the later ones.

yes they are the same ,there is two seals per hub both the same size :-D sometimes the hub shaft is pitted where the seals rub so leaking. the easiest way out of this is a sleeve on the hub shaft :-D

tha axle may of been over filled as each of the walking beams should only have 5.7 Litres a total of 11.4 litres other than that they can leak through from the diff so over filling the walking beams .mine was doing the latter after a while it stoped ,i think the leather seal plimed up with the warm oil :-D

yes they are the same ,there is two seals per hub both the same size :-D sometimes the hub shaft is pitted where the seals rub so leaking. the easiest way out of this is a sleeve on the hub shaft :-D

thats what i did with one off mine:cool2: