MUTT markings

Snapper

Hello chappies.

As you will know I bought TTM's Mutt last autumn and have it in mind to add markings suitable for Gulf War 1. I've used the MUTT forum g383 and also the general G506 forum and haven't really got anywhere with definitive markings. However, I have now got a snap of a bonnet from a scrapped GW1 period MUTT which shows some useful stuff.

Anyone have any idea if this is a US Army or US Marines vehicle?

I also need to know how I would apply other markings to the bumpers. I still have no idea of the correct USMC unit that had them - they buzzed them around by helicopter and some attended a big Iraqi surrender moment.

MB

hood[1].jpg

Edited by Snapper
cockups

Anyone have any idea if this is a US Army or US Marines vehicle?

I´m no expert on US markings, but my bet would be that "SF" on the bonnet would indicate United States Army Special Forces. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Special_Forces they were the first military units in Iraq.

- Hanno

hood%5B1%5D cropped.jpg

Edited by mcspool

Yes. But I am having a miniscule mare finding out what unit markings to use. I am not up my own apex about it and am happy to use the bonnet codes in the snap, the MV has been scrapped after all. But I am clueless.

No change there then.

In the end I think it's about what looks good and am I having fun with the motor. I would imagine that if I just put the bonnet markings on as they stand, that someone with either far more actual knowledge or just a firm opinion will collar me and either educate or count rivets. Telling the two apart is the key.

Charlie Caroli

Charlie Caroli, thats a name from the past, as a kid used to go to Blackpool Tower circus, apart from the chorus girls his act was the only bit I had any interest in. Met him a couple of times, he was a real gentleman, a lovely man. (Sorry about the off topic)