Hello from South America

RDale

My name is Richard, although I'm more commonly known a Tricky. I'm down in South America re-building 85 ex US Military trucks, mostly Kaiser 2.5 and 5t trucks, but I have some Ward LaFrance M746/M747 HETS to work on.

Cheers,

Tricky

Snapper, thanks for the welcome.

I am basically managing a project to re-build around 85 ex US military vehicles, all privately owned by friend of mine. They were brought to Bolivia for the construction of a pipeline in 1998 (which also brought me here). Most of them have been parked up since 1999, but even those will run when we put new batteries on and add some fuel. I'm fortunate that my friend has a 3,500 sq. m covered warehouse and we also have a large stock of spares (I even have a spare, brand new, Twin Disc transmission for the M746 Tractors).

The vehicles are sadly not just for display, we use them in construction and mining projects. A few years ago we used the HETS to move some large turbines for an electricty plant, the biggest of these turbines weighed 150t, so we know they are capable of transporting much heavier loads than the US Military rates them for.

I am just in the process of breaking down a HETS for a complete re-build and I'll post progress photos on the site while I do the work.

Best regards,

Tricky

My name is Richard, although I'm more commonly known a Tricky. I'm down in South America re-building 85 ex US Military trucks, mostly Kaiser 2.5 and 5t trucks, but I have some Ward LaFrance M746/M747 HETS to work on.

Cheers,

Tricky

Welcome aboard Tricky, amazed to hear you are working on M747/747 outfits in Bolivia as I have one of my own ! Should you require any information do not hesitate to contact me. I have all the manuals for them and prety much know them inside out. I would like to know the serial numbers of the ones you have. There were only 125 built for the US Army and 68 built for Morroco. I asume that yours are ex-usa ones ?

I have attached a picture of mine.

Best Regards

John Riley

DSCF0001a.JPG

DSCF0002a.JPG