youngguns explorer blog

younggun

If it still does it after checking head torque, try using K-Seal HD, it is brilliant stuff, seals leaks no problem, does not block up system like the old type sealers. Go to a good motor factors who do commercial parts, the HD grade is for the large engines, you need to check the capacity of your cooling system to make sure you use the correct quantity for best effect. Try contacting them at enquiries@kalimex.co.uk and explaining your problem.

thanks richard will give it ago i have used k seal before with gd results never thort it would be any gd in this use tho will try it

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would you be fitting? Something in the 150 - 200hp range? I would go for the leyland myself as loads have been done and they are easy to come by and cheap. next choice would be a small Rolls I would stay away from huge horse power unless you have a good supply of gearboxes:cool2:

i dont rearly know yet a big problem is gritineye is a rearly bad influance on me and the noise of his cummins has warped my fragile little mind:nut:

i would like to do something different tho i keep thinking about a 270hp CAT lump but i am not familuar with these engines i.e size length ? i do like a bit of pussy power tho:shocked: and i dont know of another explorer with a cat engine

Edited by younggun

i dont rearly know yet a big problem is gritineye is a rearly bad infulance on me and the noise of his cummins has warped my fragile little mind:nut:

i would like to do soumthing diffent tho i keep thinking about a 270hp CAT lump but i am not formiluar with these engines i.e size length ? i do like a bit of pussy power tho:shocked: and i dont know of another explorer with a cat engine

there is a foden that goes past where i work and thats got a 400hp cat in it and that does sound nice:cool2:

Have you invetigated any further into the problem or is it a weekend job? It's not something silly like the rad cap playing up over pressurising is it? Normally blows a hose off but could cause issues round your head bolts. Have you got a tester to check for combustion gasses in the water? If not top up the water level and run it with the cap off, if its got a huge problem it'l vomit water out when you start it but a moderate leak will show up as bubbles in the coffe pot that just keep on coming. sometimes only when hot. Fingers Crossed for you. don't you go putting more than 230hp in it or i'll have to give you a happy slapping:n00b:

Have you invetigated any further into the problem or is it a weekend job? It's not something silly like the rad cap playing up over pressurising is it? Normally blows a hose off but could cause issues round your head bolts. Have you got a tester to check for combustion gasses in the water? If not top up the water level and run it with the cap off, if its got a huge problem it'l vomit water out when you start it but a moderate leak will show up as bubbles in the coffe pot that just keep on coming. sometimes only when hot. Fingers Crossed for you. don't you go putting more than 230hp in it or i'll have to give you a happy slapping:n00b:

no i havent had time to investigate yet havent got a tester so will check in the rad it was bubbleing up from the head bolts with the rad cap off . i havent had a proper look at it yet will get him out and fired up on sunday and check it out

happy slapping ? u will have to catch me first :cool2: i am still thinking wot is the best thing to do so i can get the most out of the truck the mileage i am doing and the mileage i want to do is not doing to do the meadows much gd i think if i keep the meadows it really needs to come out of the truck and be sorted properly. it leeks oil like its raining at the mo

Edited by younggun

i dont rearly know yet a big problem is gritineye is a rearly bad infulance on me and the noise of his cummins has warped my fragile little mind:nut:

i would like to do soumthing diffent tho i keep thinking about a 270hp CAT lump but i am not formiluar with these engines i.e size length ? i do like a bit of pussy power tho:shocked: and i dont know of another explorer with a cat engine

go with the cummins i drive with the windows open to get the full efect of the straight though exhaust and its the 325 L10 which is how i was able to push you all up the hill in the photos from dorset ha ha

andy:-):-):-):-)

go with the cummins i drive with the windows open to get the full efect of the straight though exhaust and its the 325 L10 which is how i was able to push you all up the hill in the photos from dorset ha ha

andy:-):-):-):-)

ahh at last reinforcements have arrived back me up on the l10 front with some covering fire :D

i had to go on the front incase i needed to winch u lot up with my shiny wheel scotches

Honest to god i can't belive what i'm hearing:embarrassed: A piece of American scrap iron in a british truck:nut: Come on now really.... what about Perkins or Leyland or Gardener.....and not one of those plonking old LW gardeners either a nice turbo gardener thingy. :cool2:

Honest to god i can't belive what i'm hearing:embarrassed: A piece of American scrap iron in a british truck:nut: Come on now really.... what about Perkins or Leyland or Gardener.....and not one of those plonking old LW gardeners either a nice turbo gardener thingy. :cool2:

i would very much like to keep a british engine in my truck but i think it will be hard to find a gd one and there are not too many engines that will fit into a explorer with out a lot of chopping and cutting to get it in . i would like to keep my conversion so that i could easily put the meadows back into the truck if i ever wanted too or needed too .

i spend a lot of time running behind Deputy in the c.s elis explorer 290 rolls royce and i just cant belive how well it goes nothing slows the thing down big horse power in an explorer is ok if u drive it properly and dont use all the power even tho its there and u will be fine

Edited by younggun

it will all turn out alright in the end:-) Have a good look round and get whats right for you. would be nice to see a very modern engine in one. Just have a good think before you choose there is a good choice of conversions already done and every owner will rave about how theirs is the best. Have a look at the ones that do big mileage. have seen alot of well traveled 680's and rolls powerd trucks. have alkso seen a couple of really shocking conversions too.

On the other hand i gave Andy a couple of cylinder heads a while back, you could always convert it to petrol:cool2:

i would very much like to keep a british engine in my truck but i think it will be hard to find a gd one and there are not too many engines that will fit into a explorer with out a lot of chopping and cutting to get it in . i would like to keep my conversion so that i could easily put the meadows back into the truck if i ever wanted too or needed too .

i spend a lot of time running behind depuaty in the c.s elis explorer 290 rolls royce and i just cant belive how well it goes nouthing slows the thing down big horse power in an explorer is ok if u drive it properly and dont use all the power evan tho its there and u will be fine

you will use all the horse power:D