WW1 vehicle gatherings

G506

Being new to the subject of WW1 vehicles, I wonder is there such a thing as a show/event/gathering of these old girls, their owners, and like minded enthusiasts?

I realise transportation, etc, makes any such event logistically challenging, but any thoughts?

We had one once at Basingstoke, where we had five WW1 trucks and a field kitchen, which was a pretty good turn out. Sadly the event was badly advertised and no one came so i cant see that happening again.

The problem is these things are so slow on the road that you need to haul them to events really and that gets expensive. Next year we hope to have two FWD's in the London to Brighton HCVS run. Maybe we could get some more WW1 trucks to join us on that?

The following year we are tentively planning a WW1 truck event in Devon where maybe we can get eight together, although even that number seems to be a massive task. I will keep you updated. Hopefully that year we will be taking three of our own and possibly get five others together. We will see.

Tim (too)

The following year we are tentively planning a WW1 truck event in Devon where maybe we can get eight together, although even that number seems to be a massive task. I will keep you updated. Hopefully that year we will be taking three of our own and possibly get five others together. We will see.

Tim (too)

Sounds fantastic Tim, count me in (but not as an owner, well, not yet anyway). Tank owners from all over Europe go to Mons, who knows what interest this could turn up!

Rlangham, what about a combined re-enactor and static vehicle event?

I reckon a combined re-enactor and static vehicle event could be a goer - my group would be up for it for starters, and there's a few other very high quality groups who'd be interested too. A member of my group is finishing off the restoration of his 1915 Douglas motorcycle, and there's a member in another group I have ties with that has three motorcycles, including a motorbike and sidecar combo with Vickers MG

Rl, all sounds like a real possibility doesnt it? (Can we see some bike pictures?)

Tim, I dont want to 'gate crash your party', what do you think? Could there be some mileage in an event of this nature?

I reckon a combined re-enactor and static vehicle event could be a goer - my group would be up for it for starters, and there's a few other very high quality groups who'd be interested too. A member of my group is finishing off the restoration of his 1915 Douglas motorcycle, and there's a member in another group I have ties with that has three motorcycles, including a motorbike and sidecar combo with Vickers MG

A pity Devon is far away for me or I could attend in original WW1 Doughboy uniform and gear.