Family/military websites, what do you use?

Rick W

It's not the JW, it's the Mormons who believe that salvation can be obtained for each of your ancestors.

They are doing a terrific job of digitising all the genealogic informations in public and church records in many countries.

Regardless of the religious purpose, their work is made with strict scientific and archivistic criteria that has led even some Roman Catholic dioceses to allow them to reproduce the Parishes' historic archives.

All this is done for free, too.

Andrea

Be aware that however diligent the Mormons may be, they are open to mistakes. Some of my in-laws built an entire alternate family history due to a single error from a Mormon website. Always check your working and get corroboration.

Don't assk me what Wor Lass uses for our tree: that's her baby and who am I to butt in?

Ah! Its easy to go barking up the wrong tree (scuse the pun) when researching the family. Mrs W has been using Ancestry, even though it does cost, its a great bit of kit. I even found 37 pages of WW1 service records on there for one of her family members.