Pillbox M4 jct A33 Roadworks!!!!!!

Was up there a few weeks ago and in the south west corner of M4 westbound and A33 northbound outside the roundabout there is a pillbox down at the bottom of the embankments for the sliproads and there seems to be lots of roadworks around it, does anyone know the goings on with this.....

Was up there a few weeks ago and in the south west corner of M4 westbound and A33 northbound outside the roundabout there is a pillbox down at the bottom of the embankments for the sliproads and there seems to be lots of roadworks around it, does anyone know the goings on with this.....

YES, I do. I went to a display of the plans for J11 of the M4 (I live less than a mile from there) and I asked about the Pillboxes in the area. There is a large Pillbox visable from the A33 about a 1/2 mile south of J11 and this has barriers around it to protect it - it is also very overgrown. The other Pillbox, a small structure a few hundred yards from the M4, will be left alone, but after the work is complete, it will be used as a Bat sanctuary. There are No plans to demolish either of the Pillboxes, I was told.

• 2 weeks later...

If you drive onto Junction 12 of the M4, there is a pillbox for a 2 pounder gun just to the east side of the road in a field. Also there are 2 command bunkers about a mile to the north of this, but they cannot be seen from the M4. These are only a short distance from Rex Ward's establishment.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
No Mate ,but heres one from your neck of the woods ,leave you to tell us all about it,:rofl:

pbh.jpg

pbh3.jpg

pbh2.jpg

pillboxwestlanehayling.jpg

pboxhay.jpg

Its at west lane hayling.

If you drive onto Junction 12 of the M4, there is a pillbox for a 2 pounder gun just to the east side of the road in a field. Also there are 2 command bunkers about a mile to the north of this, but they cannot be seen from the M4. These are only a short distance from Rex Ward's establishment.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=51.461909,-1.075705&spn=0.003008,0.010986&t=h&z=17

If you look at this there are 3 in a line NW to SE ??

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I know its on west Lane, thought you knew of some special history about it............

No sorry mate,the boat was in Sparks and Hayling Yaucht so spent a few years bumbling around the island,maybe you could find out more?cheers CW.

• 4 weeks later...

You may not know this but the penalty for killing a bat is in the region of £10,000 fine or up to 5 years in prison, so if you enter one of those 'bat houses' and the mother bats fly away leaving loads of dead young ones, you are in the S**t if caught. You'll probably find they are being filmed too by Bill Oddie & friends, so don't forget to smile at the camera!

Strange isn't it that some 'old bats' have died after been pushed to the ground in the high street for the contents of their bag and those responsible get a lesser sentence than if they had killed one of our furry friends!