Norfolk Line deals?

Jack

Folks - when I was at the W&P I am sure I saw somewhere that if you are using Norfolk Line you could quote a code for a discount?

Have I been eating nettle soap again or was this right? I am just about to book the ferry for next weekend for Ciney.

Many thanks.

Jack.

Secret passwords:

In 1979 Pink Floyd were in tax exile in France due to dodgy accountants. They were recording The Wall. The recently late great Rick Wright had laid down his drum tracks and taken his family to the Riviera for a well-earned break after years on world tours.

EMI wanted the album in the shops by Christmas (and indeed ABITW2 was an unusual Christmas number 1) but the perfectionist Roger Waters was not going to let the master tapes out of his sight until it was done to HIS satisfaction. He called Wright back from holiday because he wanted the drum tracks relaid. Wright told Waters where to stick his drumsticks and Waters threw Wright out of the band. (He was allowed back to perform on the live tour as a salaried guest and because The Wall was a financial loss, Wright was the only group member to make a profit from what was arguably the band's magnum opus.)

EMI issued an injuction and threats to try and get hold of the master tapes. The Band secured the tapes and the whole recording studio.

According to Nick Mason ("Inside Out"), in order to keep EMI executives and heavies out, nobody could get in without the secret password:

"I am an EMI executive."

Well it made me laugh.