MV Show Essex at the Secret Nuclear Bunker

Marmite!!

Essex Armour & Softskins MV Group will be holding their Annual Military Vehicle Show at "Kelvedon Hatch (Essex) Secret Nuclear Bunker" on 20th & 21st May, camping from midday Friday 19th, on site catering within the Bunker, all vehicles welcome including Tracked.

The Bunker is located on the A128 Ongar Road & is within easy reach of the M25 & M11

For a booking form or more details please email lee@ferret32ba77.fslife.co.uk

• 1 month later...
Essex Armour & Softskins MV Group will be holding their Annual Military Vehicle Show at "Kelvedon Hatch (Essex) Secret Nuclear Bunker" on 20th & 21st May, camping from midday Friday 19th, on site catering within the Bunker, all vehicles welcome including Tracked.

The Bunker is located on the A128 Ongar Road & is within easy reach of the M25 & M11

http://essex-armour-mvgroup.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/page7.html

Update on the show, we are now also having a militaria fair there, anyone who wants to have a stall send me a pm.

Ok another update, some of you may remember Stuart & Suzy & their field kitchen at the Gunpowder Mills last year & the superb grub they cooked for the masses, well it has just been confirmed that they are bringing their kitchen to our event & we will be providing an evening meal (free of charge) for all the MV owners/re-enactors o the Saturday evening, vegetarian option for those that want it.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder for those who haven't booked in yet, closing the book soon..

Why ever not???

(don't tell me you've got the Saracen jammed in the Fort gates??? :D:D:D:D )

trust the missus to book our holiday on these days :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ah - I see!!! Well - look on the bright side - at least yours didn't arrange for the family to be in France the weekend you were supposed to be collecting your beloved Stalwart!!!

Serious note - whats the story with camping over night at the show???

Fees, things like that.......

Why ever not???

(don't tell me you've got the Saracen jammed in the Fort gates??? :D:D:D:D )

trust the missus to book our holiday on these days :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ah - I see!!! Well - look on the bright side - at least yours didn't arrange for the family to be in France the weekend you were supposed to be collecting your beloved Stalwart!!!

Serious note - whats the story with camping over night at the show???

Fees, things like that.......

Bring something to sleep under or crash out in the booking in tent, free grub (for everyone on site) & a DJ Saturday night

Cheers Lee!!

Got a Khyam tent here I can use - and an old 58 pattern crash outbag in the wardrobe :D Must remember some beer money though!!!!!

Just bring your own booze, couldn't get a license this year for a bar as the owner is in the process of applying for a full license.

Think I've convinced the other half to turn up for the day so we should be there about mid-day. She won't be staying over night though - got a 16 yr old daughter and a Mutt Mk 1 to keep an eye one - so if any one else needs somewhere to crash-out there'll be room in the tent!!

Bl*&dy weather!!!!!!!! There I was thinking it was going to be a nice wrm dry weekend - and I end up driving to work in a torrential downpour then driving home n winds so strong they were rocking a low convertible.... :x:x

Lets hope it changes back for tomorrow. Will ony one else from the list be there from the list other than Lee & John???

Just got back in from this event - mainly due to grief of the ear-hole from the missus about the temp and rain!!

Would like to say a big thanks to John, Lee and all the other members of Essex Armour & Softskins MV Group for putting on a great show. Really enjoyed my self today and had the added bonus of finally seeing the inside of the Kelvedon bunker :D:D Also had a good chat with the guys from the War & Peace show and got some useful info about that event and will be booking myself in from the Wednesday.

Going to be even better for me next time as I'll be able to take my own vehicle then!! :D:D:D:D

Once again - to the organizers and all those who there - if you're reading this - Thanks very much for a great day out!!!!