Is it just me?

saracenstump

Hi all,

went down to do some work on my saracen today.nothing unusual except no kids with me and no" be back at so and so time" from the missus.so how come i drank tea and gossiped for most of the day like an old woman,instead of getting on with loads that have to be done?

is it just me or is this part and parcel of owning military vehicles? :?

As a hobby, I have been in it for about 28 years and can tell you it is part and parcel of it. You have to factor in "talk and tea" time when estimating your completion date.....then as it gets near to to the end you will have more T & T as your mates come to see if it is finished yet!

Richard :lol:

I did my restauration outside and behind a row of houses so it was unavoidable people came to talk when they saw me slaving away.

Putting on a worried face and some loud Heavy Metal does scare of some of them as does whacking a piece of iron looking like a lunatic swearing every foul word in the book.

Hi all,

went down to do some work on my saracen today.nothing unusual except no kids with me and no" be back at so and so time" from the missus.so how come i drank tea and gossiped for most of the day like an old woman,instead of getting on with loads that have to be done?

That is one of the most funniest things that I have read for a long time.......and so true.

Cheers.

Jack.

All of our vehciles are at our parents house, garden, shed and field and we arrange working weekends to go down and achieve a list of prearranged objectives.

Although their house is at the end of a road, it seems that the moment we step outside all of the neigbours, walkers, holiday makers appear and look in, stop to ask questions and cause other distractions. It is nice to see most of them but they can be a distraction.

One lady who is incredibly irritating stopped by to ask me about her missing cat. She goes on and on and accused me of driving my Jeep over it while driving up in the woods (which is an exciting drive at the best of times). I did indicate that the Jeep did not actually have an engine in it so she went on to say that maybe it was in the MG TD. Did point out that the MG was not idealy suited for off roading. Before she got on to accuse me of stepping on her cat i got the Black and Decker going with a cup brush to knock some rust off of some Jeep parts and she carried on talking to me. Not knowing the best way to get rid of her i looked up occasionally and shouted "What" at her while continuing to de-rust. Eventually she wandered away.

Anyway, someone eventually reported her to the RSPCA and they took away all 37 of her cats. I have not seen her since.

All of our vehciles are at our parents house, garden, shed and field and we arrange working weekends to go down and achieve a list of prearranged objectives.

Although their house is at the end of a road, it seems that the moment we step outside all of the neigbours, walkers, holiday makers appear and look in, stop to ask questions and cause other distractions. It is nice to see most of them but they can be a distraction.

One lady who is incredibly irritating stopped by to ask me about her missing cat. She goes on and on and accused me of driving my Jeep over it while driving up in the woods (which is an exciting drive at the best of times). I did indicate that the Jeep did not actually have an engine in it so she went on to say that maybe it was in the MG TD. Did point out that the MG was not idealy suited for off roading. Before she got on to accuse me of stepping on her cat i got the Black and Decker going with a cup brush to knock some rust off of some Jeep parts and she carried on talking to me. Not knowing the best way to get rid of her i looked up occasionally and shouted "What" at her while continuing to de-rust. Eventually she wandered away.

Anyway, someone eventually reported her to the RSPCA and they took away all 37 of her cats. I have not seen her since.

Hi Enigma,

Enigma thats absolutely right, when I was trying to fix my Jimmy I started making grunting noises and calling the engine and basically the whole vehicle every swear word in the book. The farmer who owned the shed it was in could hear me shouting and swearing and he sort of used to walk away. Usually he's a nice old chap always come and speak to you. But on these occasions he stays well away!

Cheers, Mick.