Pre-flight checks

simon in a 432

2 months isn't very long, only thing I think you'll find might be a problem is dead batteries.

Chris

Thanks, I'm hoping the batteries will be ok as they were put on new last time it was run.

On a simular topic how long will diesel in a tank last? It was full to the top when we got it 3 years ago and we've still got some left in the bottom.

Seriously after 3 years. Could well be worth a drain, flush and filter change. Get muck in the fuel system could ruin your whole month, or more.

I'd second Tony's advice on this. Better a bit of work now in preventative maintenance than a whole heap of grief laden work later....

No need to drain the fuel tanks, that's a waste of fuel, and what are you going to do with the stuff you drain out? There is a collector tank under the floor plates by the back door. Shut off the fuel tap and drain this, if there is water or muck it should be in there.

Chris

We've not used the 432 for over 2 months :(

Are there any things (other than the usual checks of oils and water) that need looking at before its started after a long period of non use?

I'd have thought that carrying out a First Parade in accordance with the Servicing Schedule ought to cover eveything.