Hey there

Rlangham

Hi everyone, been looking for a forum like this for a long time so i'm glad to finally find one. My names Rob Langham, a 17 year old sixth form student from Leicestershire, England. Always been interested in military vehicles, especially from WW1 and WW2, would love to own one one day but at the moment I have to do with models of them instead.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob

I've done loads of modelling myself, plastic kits, radio controlled planes, and also professionally. A plastic model was key to me buying my jeep. Garage space was very tight due to a large trailer also living in there. I bought a 1/35 scale jeep, built it, and scaled up several dimensions to see if it would fit. The measurements seemed to suggest it would, so I bought the jeep.

When I got the jeep back to my garage, there was 1 1/2 inches clearance each side!!! A bit tight, but it fitted!!!!

jeeptrailer.JPG

I was lucky it was an accurate kit!!

Steve

Rob,

Welcome to the forum. I'm only young myself, 23, but have been restoring vehicles since I was 17. I'm just down the road from you in Nottingham. Might see you at some shows this year (if we ever get to any..!)

Cheers,

Chris

Cheers for the welcome everyone, sirhc are you going to the Victory Show 2006? The first one was last year, it's in Cosby, Leicestershire, great military vehicle/re-enactor/aircraft show. This year i'm supposed to be trying to get an Auster WWII spotter plane to fly up from Devon, don't know if he's going to land it or not but could try and get you a free flight if he comes up :wink:

Hello,

It's held on a Tuesday evening, either the first or second one of the month, but I can't remember which.

It's like an un-organised get together which has got bigger and bigger, upto 1000 vehicles sometimes. Apparently, every type of vehicle turns up, from Halftracks to Super Cars.

I'll try and find out more details.

Cheers

Richard

• 5 weeks later...

hi mate, glad to have a some more younger members!

i owned my first MV at the age of 18! was a landrover 109, then a year later i managed to stretch to a landrover HVVPK (armoured nothern ireland)

and i think when i bought my humber pig i was 22? i think>

im only 27 now, and it soon flys! so does the petrol cost and the swearing and hitting of hands and skin removal of knuckles working on the damn things! hahah

good luck