Norwegian armed forces day.

Inspired and not wanting to hijack Catweazles navy thread I thought I'd post a few photos from the armed forces day in june. This event arranged in Hamar, which is not a very big place, with only 30 000 inhabitants, was very good. The army put off a very good show, but how could they not with all of those fantastic toys. They served inexpensive food from M-1937s, ran shuttle with BV206s, gave free rides in boats, free facial camoflage paints for children, several different demonstration. And you could enter al vehicles and they told you how the machines worked. Unfortunately no historic MVS, well the SeaKing is from 1972...

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

Marty

Some nice bits of kit there.Like the G-Wagon,and the Leopard.The vehicle next to the Leopard?.Is it an up dated version of the Marder??.

The vehicle you're thinking of is the Hagglund/ Bofors CV 9030N. Powered by a Scania DS12 Turbo diesel 610 hp. Dates back to 1993-98. Norwegian army has about a 100 of these. Armed with a 30 mm cannon and two MG3s. Total 26 tons.

Marty

Interesting Marty,i like the floaty thing.

This floaty thing does 60 km/h on water and stops from that speed in a couple of meters. Really awsome to ride in. They took everyone that wante for a ride on the lake of Mjosa. They also put on a show coming in toward land real fast firing their guns as well as some flares.

IMG_0993.jpg

Marty

Edited by martylee

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
This floaty thing does 60 km/h on water and stops from that speed in a couple of meters. Really awsome to ride in. They took everyone that wante for a ride on the lake of Mjosa. They also put on a show coming in toward land real fast firing their guns as well as some flares.

IMG_0993.jpg

Marty

i would like one for xmas if thats posible,after all santa does live up your way doesnt he?:-D

The vehicle you're thinking of is the Hagglund/ Bofors CV 9030N. Powered by a Scania DS12 Turbo diesel 610 hp. Dates back to 1993-98. Norwegian army has about a 100 of these. Armed with a 30 mm cannon and two MG3s. Total 26 tons.

Marty

All up weight about the same as a Warrior then.