How long have you been in the MV.....

Lord Burley

Been in the MVT for 19 years but had dreamed about owning an MV since schooldays. I blame Airfix - they made 1:72 scale Matadors... And Vanderveen 'cos he wrote the book about the Jeep... And my uncle 'cos he fought the Germans with a Morris Quad and a 25-pounder and told me tales about the Quad...

JC

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

:rofl:

is this you as well Cat

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

one of my favourites even got video for xmas.

i entered the MV world when i was 9/10 years old collecting little bits of kit like webbing etc as i got older the toys got bigger and now 10 years on at the ripe old age of 20 i have my land rover lol and i dont see me stopping any time soon.

so much so i am considering starting my own MV group but i dont know if it would take off and it people who own MV's (looking more towards post war group) would take me seriously as i am relatively young and new to the MV world with only 10 years in it

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I can just about remember the programmes it seems to represent all that was good about Britain ! What went wrong ! :argh::banghead::banghead:

I could tell you ,but Lee would choke on his dinner,Jack would end up in an instituation and the server would pull the account.Again.I went fishing in France and met his son,they didnt get on,he tried to tell me stories but i cut him short,you dont want to be disalusioned do you.have to do you a copy of the video,then you can be as sad as me.Off down sea side make some smoke,Meet the Navy at Portsmouth docks this wk end.:captain:

i entered the MV world when i was 9/10 years old collecting little bits of kit like webbing etc as i got older the toys got bigger and now 10 years on at the ripe old age of 20 i have my land rover lol and i dont see me stopping any time soon.

so much so i am considering starting my own MV group but i dont know if it would take off and it people who own MV's (looking more towards post war group) would take me seriously as i am relatively young and new to the MV world with only 10 years in it

Dont be put off by your age.I was surprised to find out earlier this year.That the guy who runs the LandRover 50th anniversary register is only 24 years old.And he does a cracking job.If you are keen and willing, others will follow

Dont be put off by your age.I was surprised to find out earlier this year.That the guy who runs the LandRover 50th anniversary register is only 24 years old.And he does a cracking job.If you are keen and willing, others will follow

i am looking at it mainly to do with yorkshire as there is only the MVT here and i think i could do a good job

All my life 17 years. Had some memorable times. One of the first i remember is my 1st wasp sting in the Stolly on the way back from Bagshot off road show when i was about 5 or 6. Also going from Hampton to Weston Park off road show on the M40 in the middle of the night with a trailer behind also in the Stalwart. Crazy days...

Hi from OZ land

I grew up watching Vic Morrow on TV and I was brainwashed by all those classic 60's movies, 'Longest day' and 'The great escape' and many more . Airfix models , and all too .

In the late 1960's, a chap living near me in suburban Melbourne owned a WW2 Jeep and I spotted it cruising around . In 1970-71 as a schoolboy , I would peruse the Saturday morning classifieds for WW2 Jeeps and there were always one or two for sale for around 300 to 500 dollars .

Aged 19 , in 1975, I managed to buy one , a very rough 42 willys . It was registered and I used it as my everyday car. Despite its rough appearance , it was a reliable car and performed well for many miles . The only problems I had with it were a broken Bendix spring and burnt exhaust valves , it had a Holden Stromberg carby and it was running lean .

I eventually became aware of a MV club in Melbourne and joined in 1976 . In the club , I met the chap with the Jeep who had lived near me in the 1960's , for the first time . Sadly , many of the long time members are now gone to heaven .

The clubs web site is: http://www.vmvc.net

Mike

• 1 year later...

joined the m.v.c.g. as it was then in 1979 .[ do you remember the mailed fist logo and the silly controversy about it. ? ] i have been a member ever since. i have now got my bronze , silver and gold m.v.t. badges. this was the year i bought my g.p.w. and although i now own a dodge wc 42 , i will always have a soft spot for the jeep and cannot understand why some people ridicule them .like many other post war baby boom kids i grew up with a leaning towards the history of the war our parents had just endured. airfix kits ,kellys heroes etc ,all added to my military influences