What are they?

Rick W

#1 (extrapolating from me conclusions for 2 and 4): is it perchance a very early forerunning of the Spaehpanzer Luchs based on the M8 Greyhound chassis?

#2 looks like an M24 Chaffee chassis (try saying that when yer drunk).

My guess for #3 is a Boarhound armoured car chassis.

#4 is obviously an M4A2 chassis.

My guess is they are all immediate-postwar prototypes, and 2 and 4 were both replaced in service by (is it?) the M42 Duster on a Walker Bulldog chassis.

OK whilist the cats away the rest play twenty questions.

1 Not Belgian

2 Don't think the Dutch built armoured cars of their own, So French?

Yes can see the Greyhound connection. but depending on date were the Germans allowed to manufacture AFVs?

Off the top of my head.... no2 is an M24 based AA tank using six .50 cals that seem to point in diverging directions....

No 4 is Skink, a Canadian modification of Grizzly 1 cruiser tank, itself a Canadian assembled M4A1 Sherman. Skink had four Polstens and never entered series production. Would have to look up the others though I have seen the pics before.

Off the top of my head.... no2 is an M24 based AA tank using six .50 cals that seem to point in diverging directions....

No 4 is Skink, a Canadian modification of Grizzly 1 cruiser tank, itself a Canadian assembled M4A1 Sherman. Skink had four Polstens and never entered series production. Would have to look up the others though I have seen the pics before.

The cast hull would imply an M4A2 Sherman. Does this apply to a Grizzly?

Number 1 is Dutch Tony , not French, not the right name for the vehicle though Alien. Numbers 2 and 4 fairly straightforward on the chassis, I thought Adrian might get them. Number 3, not sure it is a boarhound though open to suggestions. Hands up who said an atomic gun......Go and see the headmaster Mr Banner..

Number 3 is a T55E1 motor carriage.

The T55E1 Motor Carriage was a prototype vehicle developed by the Allied Machinery Manufacturing Company in 1943 for the US Army. On eight heavy duty tires, the T55E1 was armed with one three-inch gun and a supporting .50 caliber machine gun and powered by two water-cooled Cadillac 8-cylinder engines. Production began in 1943, however by this time preference had shifted to anti-tank vehicles, and the T55E1 was canceled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T55E1_Motor_Carriage

I must say I cheated though... :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...