1 for Clive Stevens....

Jack

No don't be too angry, I wasn't there myself, my mate Sparks is a snapper and was there as a bit of a scoop really. He has more reason to be narked as he missed the chance for a fly by about 5 mins.

When I told Mrs Tugger, she said she saw it fly overhead and wondered what it was.

Big low and loud were her words :)

is this connected to a glider being towed over France in 2009 ??

PS just checked and it is not as the plane quoted is a C47

Ashley

Ash - that is Neil who is on that project.......:coffee:

• 3 weeks later...

In adittion to Clive's pics, some more by my mate 'Sparks' (I feel you can't have too many of such a spectacle)

08LibertyBelle8.jpg

08LibertyBelle78.jpg

08LibertyBelle94.jpg

08LibertyBelle117.jpg

Les Elsden (first time in the air) (see the EADT story above)

08LibertyBelle234.jpg

08LibertyBelle361.jpg

08LibertyBelle404.jpg

08LibertyBelle455.jpg

08LibertyBelle463.jpg

All pics by Simon Parker.

Picture numbers 6 and 8 show a true photographer hard at work - Notice the slumped over look, legs spread wide for firm rigidity and fleece lined flying boots worn to protect against possible snake bites! That's Bill Kemball stood alongside me - he owns the airfield at Bentwaters.

Some great pictures there Tugger - How many places can you get that close to an aircraft thundering down the runway towards you, and almost have the wing-tip pass over your head!

I had my 300 mm lense on for the pictures I was taking, which is ok when its far enough away - but as it gets closer you can only get the pilots teeth in the shot!

DSC_0843.jpg

I love photo number 5 - It gives a great perspective how low Don Brooks flew the Belle and what a thrill it was for the on lookers and those aboard.

Simon the photographer (you might have seen him, big feller, short hair pictured here)...

SYHPlant011.jpg

...gave me a copy of his pics, well over 100 all told and I would agree that pic 5 has to be my favourite as well. Simon recounted how amazing it was to get right up close during taxiing, imagine if HSE had got wind prior to the arrival:nono:

:-D

I don't know Bill so well but I know the Kemble daughters and John better.