BROWN OR BLACK who knows.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi GWT,i painted it brown,as far as i am aware it wasnt till early 1961 that the regs changed to black ,but i need to find written evidence of this,the rally field experts all say black,so of course mine had to be brown,

Hi GWT,i painted it brown,as far as i am aware it wasnt till early 1961 that the regs changed to black ,but i need to find written evidence of this,the rally field experts all say black,so of course mine had to be brown,

Have you thought about one side brown the other black? That'll confuse 'em.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There has developed a whole string of them (which I only heard of a year or two back, and I can only remember two of them (besides, being squaddie humour they are probably unsuitable for a family website):

Black with no sugar is a Whoopie (Goldberg, black, nun, geddit?)

White with no sugar is a Julie (Andrews: see how it works now?)

what,s that yellow thing? doo you no it should atually be yellow? have you looked into "it"? or should it be anather coluor & you,ve pointed that coluor to get us all going? where is the poof that is shuold be yelllow/

The proof is it came from an Ex AA champ,they had lots of them in the 60s.

yeah i no mate, like alien i,m just looking for a bit of fun

There are websites for that ,this is a familly show.

i like american stuff mainly but i got this champ piture & shows a a black can not a brown one. this was the best champ i saw so i thought at the owner would no. so looks black to me mate & all champs cans look this sort of proves it really.

You must be colour blind, Bertie. That is a brown can in your photo.

:)

ah well just becawse i come from london doesn,t mean i can,t affford a coulor camera as well. it doos black & white on my computor

Dscf8274c.jpg

but you can,t assume that light black is awlays brown cos this bloke done another coulour. witch is light black when it,s in black & white

Dscf8274b.jpg

so is it still brow do reckon/

Oh Gawd............:sweat:

yes very clever thats callled a literation. i went to school as well you no. well i,m not barmey & don't come from battersee. so that,s 2 out of 3 you got wrong mr catwe. i assume it,s mr but you never no these days.

i thuoght perhaps purple was your sort of coulor. no what i mean mate. i got my nippers boy to draw that in i thuoght it was a good luagh. i,m not telling you where my a bode is in case you send the sailors round.

so if everbody is so clever then why is'nt this one black. it don,t look black to me

00BK30a-1.jpg

I have to agree,there only experts on the rally field,Looks like i will have to ask Clive bet he knows,trouble is he normally has his nose in the PIG BIN.

Hello CW I've kept out of the thread but let me know when you want me to reveal all.

Bertie, do you know where that picture was taken? It looks like the front of a Humber 1-Ton Truck. Bit unusual to see the jerrycan on the front.

The front radiator grill is an excellent place to stow your water can, usual or not.

The Bernoulli effect sucking air over the can creates a strong cooling effect, producing refreshingly cool drinking water whatever the ambient temperature. In cool but non-freezing temperatures, our Series 3 Land Rover FFRs could easily produce solid ice in this way.

He is quiet right about the cooling effect Bertie,Mr Bernouli had an ice cream van when i was a kid.