Bromley Pageant report......

What a fine day that turned out to be.After the debacle of the charge for admittance on vehicle entries,there didnt seem to be any down turn on vehicles appearing.The only notable acceptions of absence was the TVRCC.This was due to half being at LeMans for the 24Hour and the other half being at Brands for the Tuscan Challenge.Star of the show has to go to Mark(Heliopps) and Dave (TopDog) who on appearing on the show ground in the 432(pardon the pun) stopped everyone in there tracks.I dont think in the history of the Pageant have they had a tracked vehicle before.Once pulled up,they were surrounded all day long by a constant mob of people,all wanting to have a look,especially the kids.Daves,arms must be worn out.As all he seemed to be doing was constantly pulling kids up on to the decking to have there picture taken.B.t.w Mark also won a prize with the 432.Well done mate.

100_0388.jpg

100_0390.jpg

100_0389.jpg

100_0387.jpg

Hi all.

Just returned from the Bromley show - thoroughly knackered after the 60 mile round trip.

Met up with Mark Burley and his better half. Mark brought his over-laden Ferret and his Jeep. Never seen it before but must say, the nicest and cleanest jeep I have ever seen. I have never seen such a clean and 100% immaculate vehicle in my history of attending Military shows.

Well, Top Dog was my Commander for the day and Dave Copper turned out as well. Thanks to them both for the help with the kiddies through the day. Mark was right. From the moment the 432 turned up in the park we never stopped all day. To ensure everyones safety, we never left the 432 or turned our backs as the little loves (and some of the bigger ones) all wanted their pictures taken playing with the 30 Cal.

Now before someone notices, I know the 432's were not prone to having 30 Cals mounted on the cupola but Dave and I decided to mount one just for the hell of it. Managed to knock up a mount yesterday, whilst doing an oil change on the beast. I am rather proud of it actually - it swivels and everything.

So, yes - the 432 is now an award winning 432 - lol. Feel a bit naughty when you look around and see people who have spent 100's of hours and thousands of pounds restoring their pride and joys, only for a tracked vehicle to roll up and nick the award just because it is a tracked vehicle. However, we all worked hard during the day so it's nice to have some appreciation from the organisers.

Oh and the £5 entry did not deter people from attending. I really didn't mind as you get a little plaque and a programme - plus the award came with £50 prize money -

All in all, a great day. Enjoyed the drive there and back and both the two Daves and I enjoyed showing the 432 to all who wanted a closer look - who were most of the visitors to the show.

I like to support these local shows, otherwise in a few years they may disappear all together - and that my friends would be a shame.

Markheliops

Well done Mark an epic trip ! My friend Dave drove his petrol 432 to the Pageant the one year it was held in Danson Park Bexleyheath ! He came second in military section behind a halftrack with quad .50 cal turret , no prize money then ! Hope the Ward is recovering well ! Andy F

Like credit card "tarts", I think our Mark is turning out to be a bit of an "award tart", only going to shows where he knows he can win a prize just for turning up...:whistle:

He really will be insufferable now. 5 awards now, and he's bound to find another somewhere.

Mark. The only photos i have are the ones i posted.The batteries i bought for the camera,were not powerful enough for it.So i had to rely on the old ones for the few shots i got.I did like your extended tour of the show site prior to us entering the arena.lol.

The Jeep b.t.w was a Tony Sudds nut and bolt restoration some 20 years ago.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Glad you had a good day still not so sure about paying .There wouldnt be a show if you all refused that would be a shame but how much will it be next year.Nope wont be going again.They gave Nick and Burley prizes for turning up last year.

Think the Bedford should of won a prize.

Glad you had a good day still not so sure about paying .There wouldnt be a show if you all refused that would be a shame but how much will it be next year.Nope wont be going again.They gave Nick and Burley prizes for turning up last year.

Think the Bedford should of won a prize.

I think the Bedford did win a prize.Personally,i dont give a toss whether they give me a prize or not.At any show i have done with the Jeep in the 18 years since it was restored,they have never bothered giving it an award.Never bothered then.Not bothered now!.More interested in getting awards for getting around a track,than any M.V or Classic car show.

Edited by Mark Burley

I think the Bedford did win a prize.Personally,i dont give a toss whether they give me a prize or not.At any show i have done with the Jeep in the 18 years since it was restored,they have never bothered giving it an award.Never bothered then.Not bothered now!.More interested in getting awards for getting around a track,than any M.V or Classic car show.

Thought you got a prize couple of years ago for the jeep,the Ferret last year.Its diabolical you never get anything at Beltring its a great set up,go and look people this year you may not see it again looks like Marks gone all tracky i blame piston heads,he will be back when he finds out the girls deffently want younger men and a decent car,not an old duffer in a frog eyed sprite.:rofl:jff

Like credit card "tarts", I think our Mark is turning out to be a bit of an "award tart", only going to shows where he knows he can win a prize just for turning up...:whistle:

He really will be insufferable now. 5 awards now, and he's bound to find another somewhere.

Mikes got some catching up to do

Thought you got a prize couple of years ago for the jeep,the Ferret last year.Its diabolical you never get anything at Beltring its a great set up,go and look people this year you may not see it again looks like Marks gone all tracky i blame piston heads,he will be back when he finds out the girls deffently want younger men and a decent car,not an old duffer in a frog eyed sprite.:rofl:jff
I have had too much woman trouble in the past,dont need any more now.And as for the Sprite!.They couldnt pull the skin of a rice pudding.

Part of the set-up from Beltring that has never won a prize.......lol

beltrindisplay.jpg

A lot smaller than it was,when we used to have 8 manequins.Although Bart Vanderveen to his credit did feature it in an issue of Wheels and Tracks once.And Col Tim Collins was quite impressed by it.

Nice,i here the bloke on the right got married so your another one down.i saw a rat scurrying down the yard with the leg off another one yesterday.ASprite could pull the skin of a rice pudding,JUST.