Will historic MV's be banned in 10 years time ?

6 X 6

Do you think there will be a historic military vehicle movement in ten years time ? If so, how do you see it developing, or changing ? When you think about all the potential threats to the movement, the global warming scam, the Chinese using up all of OUR petrol in their cars, new and terrifying restrictions from the Euroweasels and so on, will our pastime exist in ten years time ? What's your view ? Give me some hope.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Ruddy heck i'm a wizard not a bloomin clairvoyant.I would like to think so,but can see it becoming very difficult as time goes by.people with larger vehicles are allready falling by the wayside,look how many are for sale.I was surprised to see so many L/rovers at the last two shows i attended.Look how many were on the plains rally.There like ruddy ants but not built as well.:-D

I think this begs the question "who will attend what show" YES people will attend shows but closer to their proximity because of costs, the historic vehicle movement will not dissolve because of it just become more "elite" to locality, we will overcome, because you or I want to attend and enjoy, BUT will be limited.

I think this begs the question "who will attend what show" YES people will attend shows but closer to their proximity because of costs, the historic vehicle movement will not dissolve because of it just become more "elite" to locality, we will overcome, because you or I want to attend and enjoy, BUT will be limited.

I agree with Mark,its allready happening,i will in future attend more things that dont include the public.sutch as camping wk ends,rd runs etc i personally prefer the company of people at these type of events.Its a lot more relaxing i find.

Don't panic.....

Things will change, it's inevitable. Gas prices, emissions, taxes, take your pick. If you love your MV you'll keep it. Governments, no matter the hue, need our money - road tax, gas duty, VAT - they will all be around. Same

poo different day.

Barnes

No I do not think they will be banned, but the difficulty in using them will rise in proportion to the difficulty of motoring generally. It is inevtiable that we will be restricted in our recreational driving eventually, whether by legislation or financial pressure :-( By that stage, regrettably largish MVs will have become a rich person's hobby (bit like collecting old tractors has become :shake:)

All I can say to cheer you is Relax, and enjoy them while you can :)

On a positive note, Kit Kats have not trebled in price the last 2 years!

Snap, I do not think anyone is panicking just going to be more selective, nothing in "price" is going to come down, the stage is set as they say so we had better get used to it. I think in 10 years things like people collecting stuff will be the same but more "selective" (again) wages SHOULD go up with inflation (yeh right) but if not, then we choose where we go and what we do (still).

I like Cat prefer people orientated events as there is more on, that suits me because I have a choice, but those choices are becoming limited because of the cost, so I have to choose carefully now and in the future.

Does that make sense. ?

Nor have dime bars.Motor boats too,i know old couples whose only pleasure is there boat,dont drink /smoke holliday on boat low carbon footprint(what idiot thought that phrase up)and now there totally .....d.plus the boats devalued 50%.:argh:

I think I'll have to agree with the views that use of our vehicles will become more restricted as time goes on - purely because the cost of fuel will make it so. Both my big girls have low single figure fuel consumption - 2.5 mpg for the Stalwart and about 4.5 mpg for the OT. Right now the operational circle is 40 miles from the storage ocation - I can see that dropping to 20,maybe less, as time goes on.

As regards the type of show - again I'd agree with the vehicle owners only type of event - BUT - there we are preaching to the convered. I also feel we need the public shows to get fresh blood into the scene as well as performing the duty of informing the public of the history of the vehicles and the men who crewed/fought in/with them as it was - not how the politicians want it written.

It's going to be an "interesting" time ahead...... :-(

Considering how easy it is to get a tracked licence and drive the largest tank on the road with no evidence of vehicle condition, I am amazed that the goverment has not banned tracked vehicles from the road yet. I suppose we will have to wait for the first accident.

There are hundreds of vehicles now which never get taken to shows by their owners and this will no doubt increase as fuel prices go up. Shows like Kemble and Horndean are getting very boring because they cannot afford to fund transport for armour and other large vehicles.

Problem in continental n-Europe for all the Historic Vehicle movement, regardless of Civilian or Military, are the increasing limits on circulation imposed by the n-Eurocrats, thinking that even some Citroen Slugs (2CV) will eventually destroy the earth... (while celebrating the opening of new airports).

Think that in many Italian cities you may ride a new 1200 cc BMW motorbike but not a old Velosolex sipping 1 litre for nearly 100 kms....

Andrea