Are these good shows?

People of HMVF (and Joris).

What are the following shows like - depending on what the feedback is I am y attend on a 'business' footing - you know, higher van and stock, ear plugs, teas maid etc etc........

Wings and Wheels - Belgium

Victory Show - Leics

Military Odyssey

Operation Market Garden 2008

Many thanks for your help!

Jack.

MO... military stalls on the decline, you might do ok if you're selling Jockstraps for Romans..... MV's on the decline too... (& some big groups also pulling out)

Wings and Wheels - Belgium... where's Piet when we need him...

Victory Show - Leics....don't go abroad :coffee:

Edited by Marmite!!

Military Odyssey has had a lot of criticism and a lot of people won't go anymore. It's not really an MV show - it's more about Living History of all periods. Also, the organisers are selective about the vehicles that they allow in, I assume that space is at a premium so they don't want 200 Landies and 200 Jeeps and nowt else, which is understandable I suppose - and I'm speaking as a Landy owner who camps with a Jeep owner.

Having said that, I like it and I still go every year (without the Lightweight). Where else can you go to the beer tent and watch the Vikings boogying with the Romans, Red Indians (sorry, Native Americans), Napoleonic Cavalry and of course, 1000's of 101st Airborne and US MP's!

As a trader? Not as big as it was, wouldn't like you to commit to it 'cos I said you should!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Has become less welcoming to vehicles.allthough they were glad of them in the beginning.Save your money.If you want to see reinactors then it probably cant be beat getting expensive,

Ok - not concerned about being mv friendly as I would be selling small wall tents, stoves etc etc so the question really is:

Is it target market and are they busy?

Cheers for your feedback so far.

Jack.

Can recommend the Victory show at Leicester, one of my favourite last year, a good mix of stalls, recall alot were selling clothes for reenactors, think there were about 2 aisles & guessing about 80 in total, but not that many in relation to the number of visitors. And not many selling tents/stoves.

OK here he is!!

About Wings and Wheels. This takes place at about 2 km from where I live. I'm not part of the organisation.

If you want my opinion:

This is maybe the largest show in Belgium, but I always have the feeling that it is one commercial organisation with no focus on the people bringing vehicles and making the show. If you bring a vehicle, you have to pay. Even this year, my 2 sons (10 & 13 years old) have to pay extra -> this would mean 30 Euros for the whole family and....nothing in return (no meals,...). So I take 2 vehicles @ 20 euros!

Even one year, we had to pay 0,5 Euros to go to the toilet and there was no water supply in the vehicles area.

No movements allowed, no arena, stay of the grass, "local top of the pops" in the evening,...

But it still remains one of the biggest shows overhere, I prefer others but....I always go (rather large militaria fair).

You have to know, here in Belgium we are not spoiled as in the UK when it comes to militay shows!

But Jack:

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION ONE "VERY IMPORTANT" SHOW:

BRITISH WHEELS AND TRACKS 2008 form August 1st to 4th in Waarschoot, Belgium.

I'm sure you'll like it if smaller shows with focus on the participants is your thing.

I'm putting the agenda for this show on our website this week as we have the approval of it by the town.

On friday afternoon, we have a ride out and we visit some important WWII related places in the region.

Saterday and sunday, we have an arena for WWI, WWII and Post war displays.

On saterday evening our most famous bbq and beer tent.

So I pray the weather is fine (sorry Lee) and hope to see some of you.

Edited by sabre