Not a good day...

RSSRobot

I'm seriously thinking of declaring total war on the incompetent beaurocrats in this country!! :argh: :argh:

The latest in the saga of clerical cock-ups is - the Post Office have LOST the recorded delivery package with all the documentation in for the OT. Fortunately 99% of it was photo-copies of the original docs. Unfortunately the 1% that wasn't was the original of the insurance certificate!!!

So now my trip to Kelvedon for the Bunker Bash is off!!:cry::cry:

If I'm lucky - I might get it back to Gt Yeldham but I'm not counting on that either...

To say I'm upset is an understatement - if this were not on a public forum I;d be turning the air blue right now.. I'm severely P*SS*D off with the Post Office - amongst others....

What else can go wrong these days?? Is it any wonder private courier firms are taking the Post Offices business if they manage to lose registered items with no apparent care at all!!!

Thanks for this, it has reminded me that I am owed £2.52 by the Post Office. I posted a package at my local Post Office which they weighed, put the label on and charged me, but when it arrived, the Post Office said it was over weight and charged another £2.52. I have complained to the Royal Mail, but they haven't responded yet and it's been over a Month. Your note reminded me to chase it up.

I sympathise with you Neil, can't say what I'd like to for fear of repercussions but with the lunatics running the asylum what else can you expect. What I'd like to know is who voted them in, nobody ever seems to admit to it.

Been watching your threads from the time you started posting your saga & by the time you actually get it on the road, I think you're going to be much older!

Someone probably saw the address you were sending to & opened it in the hope they could clone your vehicle until they realised what it is.

Or perhaps it will still turn up in a few days. Best o luck.

I'm not suprised, a couple of years ago a container of 48 hour garuntted delivery items was found in Scotland 6 months later. Also i has a package go adrift, which my local postman found for me (There not all useless) He told me he had done some overtime at the office in croydon, he was about the only one that spoke and could read English, so wasn't suprised it had gone astry. the British horse society tried a mail excersise a few months ago. Of 60 sent to the Bromley post codes, none arrived!.

Well - I wrote an absolute stinker of an e-mail and sent it to the Post Office (address was on their web site) Got a reply back a short while ago - apparentlythe much vaunted "next day delivery" for first class mail items is a myth - it can take upto 15 days for first class mail - recorded/registered or not, to be delivered!! And the track and trace tool on the website, which says it can be used to track recorded delivery mail items, actually cannot. It only tracks packages.... So the documents may very well still be in the system. Somewhere..... Just that no one knows where.......

What a system!!!! :argh: :argh: :argh:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

For the last 13 years our no has been 53a and all that time our mail goes to 53.its ok for a while then postman change and off we go again.When i ask the manager at our local depot why,he tells me he doesnt have to listen to my abuse and gives me customer relations telephone no.We have had a quick reply this time from them as we are talking compensation fo them failing to take proper care of our property in there care,as they have contracted to do by accepting our money,its all a load of b......s but seems to of woken them up.We can only hope they make the same mistake when we go bankrupt and do a bunk ,Yes please can it be soon.:argh:

Thanks for this, it has reminded me that I am owed £2.52 by the Post Office. I posted a package at my local Post Office which they weighed, put the label on and charged me, but when it arrived, the Post Office said it was over weight and charged another £2.52. I have complained to the Royal Mail, but they haven't responded yet and it's been over a Month. Your note reminded me to chase it up.

Thanks to this thread and it reminding me of the compensation I didn't get, I contacted the Post Office and they had sent the £2.52 but to number 1 instead of 23 and wondered why it was returned. They are now sending it correctly.

Thanks to this thread and it reminding me of the compensation I didn't get, I contacted the Post Office and they had sent the £2.52 but to number 1 instead of 23 and wondered why it was returned. They are now sending it correctly.

My thanks to RSSROBOT for this thread reminding me about my Post Office complaint. A cheque for £5 arrived yesterday as compensation.