Ian2b... all I have to say to you is

Marmite!!

Have you dried out yet mate?? not much fun being a Fox commander for twenty miles in torrential rain is it... cheers for helping out though :-D

On the bright side it did stop raining as we arrived at the Fort...:coffee:

Pic's please...........:-D

Wouldn't be England, if there wasn't a little rain,........:cool2:

Sorry I don't have one of those underwater cameras... will have plenty of pics from Tilbury Fort his weekend though :-D

Have you dried out yet mate?? not much fun being a Fox commander for twenty miles in torrential rain is it... cheers for helping out though :-D

I think its going to take a week to dry my jacket out. Rain it felt like someone was chucking stones at my face, still nice and warm now.

Next time lets move it when the sun's out :-D

For me the thing that always shows me the difference between forces and enthusiasts is that for the former, it is not always a day out having fun in the sun. It may be a great job, but it is still just a job. It isn't about 20 miles in the rain, it's about three weeks in the rain.

It may not always be cold and inclement (but even in summer during the period around sunrise when you haven't slept, it's cold) but when your Commanding Officer gets you on exercise and into the field by crashing you out at 0200, you are always tired.

The photos you see of cavalrymen and tankies around their vehicles usually show them with beer in hand for a very good reason, to lighten the atmosphere. See them in their turrets and the eyes are like a panda's and the face says, "Cold, wet and miserable. How long until the next beer stop?"

IMO of course.

I think its going to take a week to dry my jacket out. Rain it felt like someone was chucking stones at my face, still nice and warm now.

Next time lets move it when the sun's out :-D

We call that particular type of rain 'Sharp Rain' after several similar trips in the Fox. It seems to rain whenever we decide to drive the Fox any further than round the block, and it seems to stop when we get where we are going!

Chris