nbc

David Ives

Question

6 answers to this question

Don't recall a "Black Special" from my time in the Seventies, just Black, Amber and Red.

Didn't see too much of the Black either come to that as 21 was more or less permanently at Amber.....

Black Special was also Black alpha. Special became standard in the 90's. There was also a short lived White= No threat. Never saw displayed. The full 3 are Bikini Tahiti and Tesseral. They are what are known as 'Open code Words' that is the words themselves are not classified only the actions taken under each case. these were at restricted level.

The levels were

White

Black

Black alpha/special

Amber

Red

The special / alpha were black boards with the word special or a capital A on them.

No problem Neil, I always stuck with Alpha. Now apparently it is Heightened Awareness, why? That doesn't scare people as much.! Advice to bus drivers, 'If you have a suspicious person as a passenger. Pull over, make out you have a fault on the bus. Get everyone off, DO NOT arouse the persons suspicion'. I kid you not. When I had stopped rolling about on the floor and got my breath back I informed the management that in such a situation, the Words Follow me, or some other F word would be on my back.