WWII M10 tank Destroyer

abn deuce

coming a shore at Slapton Sands practicing for the invasion

2118451878_b92b3b6aea.jpg

French caption

Exercice de débarquement d'un TD Bn avec une ou plusieurs compagnies en cours sur une plage de Slapton Sands en Angleterre.

Au premier plan des rouleaux de treillis métalliques anti-ensablement appelés Sommerfeld (wire mesh Sommerfeld Tracking)

Voir les p011400, p012695 et p013271 grillage Sommerfeld posé.

Le Tank Destroyer M10 au premier plan est surnommé "Bessie".

Derrière le "Bessie" on trouve une M8 de reconnaissance avec sur la plage arrière une Harley Davidson WLA.

Les chars sont équipés de hotte de franchissement

Un bulldozer sur la plage

Deux LCT et le LST-325 portes ouvertes devant lequel des hommes et des chars

translation

Exercise of unloading d' a TD Bn with one or more companies in progress on a beach of Slapton Sands in England. In the foreground of the rollers of mesh wires anti-stranding called Sommerfeld (wire mesh Sommerfeld Alignment) See the p011400, p012695 and p013271 Sommerfeld netting posed. The Tank M10 Destroyer in the foreground is called " Bessie". Behind the " Bessie" one finds M8 of recognition with on the beach postpones Harley Davidson WLA. The tanks are equipped with hood of crossing A bulldozer on the beach Two LCT and the LST-325 open doors in front of which men and tanks

Edited by abn deuce
added translation

Hi,

Do you have an unlimited amount of pictures? :-) It would be a great service to fellow MV nuts if you could download the pictures (as large as possible) on one of the picture hosting sites?

I can't be the only one searching the Internet for WW2 pictures...

Have a very Merry Christmas :-D and a Happy New Year :nut:

As always,

This pic is included in article, by John Blackman, (editor, CMV) this month, only captioned as 'a Normandy beach' :whistle:; anyways, some details re the vehicle,....not my knowledge, - copying Johns words, here. ;-)

"M10s freash off an LCT grind up a Normandy beach. Note wading gear attached to the engine deck.Just visable behind the foreground M10, which is fitted with early-production wedge-shaped counterweights, is another M10 fitted with the latter 'duckbill' type."

Heck,.......with all this promoting of CMV, I should get a free extention to my subscription. ;-)

Andy