Independant engineers for insurance valuation. Recommendations?

No Signals

Please can anyone suggest an engineer /whatever in South/West Yorks area who they have used for 'assessment' for agreed valuation for insurance company. Also what is the going rate for this kind of work? Wish to avoid getting ripped off or picking a 'wrong un'. Cheers.

All that the insurance companies usually want are a set of photos for an agreed value :|

Yes, I know what you mean. That is all I needed for a previous vehicle with the same company!! Sent them the pics this time and they came back saying why haven't you sent the independant report? Mucho puzzled, I didnt think it looked that bad in the shots! :)

Change company... cheaper than paying out a few hundred quid for a valuation :whistle:

Hopefully got it sorted at zero cost via my friendly local independant motor engineer, who also turns out to be in to classic cars and was happy to oblige! No doubt wont hear anything back from the insurers until the New Year if it doesnt suit.

OK cckw here goes at a try to upload.

[/img]

Nice vehicle. I'm going to cause truble by syaing I like the fact it doesn't look 'Factory Fresh'

I think a military vehicle should look like it has done some work.

Yes, you are going to cause trouble. If you'd just done 125 miles up the A1 in winter you wouldnt look 'factory fresh' either. The vehicle is immaculate.

Luckily for you I'm joking. :evil: It has been used but basically appears to be very sound. Come the warmer weather a few hours spent on it will spruce it up.