What a Waste

Mark

Is a waste the correct choice of words? These were all disposed of in Switzerland (with the half tracks also at the some location coming from Israel) and sold for scrap but then shipped to Belgium in anticipation of a buyer coming along. Some have found buyers, some have not. What you see is the residue, so maybe not a waste yet? Perhaps an opportunity for someone to do a restoration? Jack! Jack! An opportunity for you!

Tim (too)

Isn't the MV world brilliant? Israeli half-tracks sold for scrap in Switzerland, reappearing for sale in Belgium. Glory. I have no space and no mechanical skills - but the workshop/office body GMC looks lovely. I would imagine a good deal of this stuff will end up with a home - but if all else fails Beijing awaits...or maybe even Stratford - sorry, London, 2012. I think I prefer the MVs,

Thanks I think ???? ;-) Joris I just spent a huge amount of time exploring my old and current neighbourhoods by satellite and even some at street level views , This is all very nice but it takes awhile trying to figure out how old some of the the images were , it really tests your memory. :sweat: All because you have shown me a new Google tool to play with :computerterror:

Google Maps is absolutely fantastic, you should try the route planner too that really is the bomb. You can change your route on the fly by dragging the blue line to a different road to avoid, for instance, a badly congested road. Absolutely brilliant!

just finished another recon and explored the street level buttons many features , while not every area I looked had it , the ones that did were eye popping , able to go right down at 6 feet off the ground and swing 360 degrees and zoom in on house fronts , almost able to read licence plates !

As for the big picture I don't know what the rate at which they update, if I knew I could wave when the satellite went by LOL

Is the street level button something peculiar to the US version of Google Earth ? Can't find anything like that when I look & the pic looses all focus when it gets to the largest magnification (which is way too high to see very much detail) - I know what's standing in my yard/garden so I can identify it but if I didn't know ........... :dunno:

Yes your correct . It seems to be something thats on going in the U.S.A its scattered around the country if you are looking in an area where it is you will get an additional button saying street level which if clicked on will hi-lite the streets that have been photographed at street level with a blue line down those streets . I have yet to find it in any other areas I have looked , and I have been looking in loads of places around the world, there is a limit to the resolution in a number of places has to do with the imaging that was done so far, for instance you can zoom in to the max or 50 feet level at the Eiffel Tower but not below the 100' level at the Sydney Opera House.

as for most of Britian and Ireland you cant get closer than the 100' level .

• 2 weeks later...

yes in a way it is a waste but when you ask van dam the prices theres not one of us out there that will go and pay over twice what they are worth when i asked the gmcs started at 2500 euro dont forget i said STARTED in a few more years these trucks will be totally dead so is this man doing us a favour by raising the price i thing so !