What do these signify?

Davie

I found these winged things when I rubbed down my 110 a couple of years ago. Does anyone know what they represent? There was also a yellow diamond with a black key painted on the rear of the land rover. The 110 had probably served in Bosnia, possibly with the RAF. Apart from that, I know nothing. I'd be dead chuffed if anyone can come up with the answer. Davie.

It was a woman and two small kids in a renault scenic. The renault disintegrated, plastic and fibreglass every where. Thankfully they were not hurt at all. We found out later the renault has a very high safety rating. My wife was towing a 109 at the time so hit the renault with the weight of two landrovers. Here's the 109 after the engine was removed . You can see the damage to the chassis is pretty bad. The 110 was parallellogrammed. the more I looked the more damage I found . Main thing is, no one was hurt.

Yes your right if no injuries then you look to the vehicles. Did the other drive simply pull out in to your wifes path? So both your LR's are totaled and will be stripped of all salvageable parts I d guess ? Are there many like them on the used vehicle market over there ?

Any lassie who's happy to drive about in any ex mill vehicle, and getting involved in our hobby, is OK by me. :tup:

Trouble is, not too many are,...................... :cry:

Aye, Kirsty is a bus driver to trade and I've got her well trained, so is not feared of big or wierd machines. She was pretty freaked out by the smash for quite a while though.