New Clubmobile

mick.wilson

Hi Mick

Are you taking the engine out to replace the fibre timing gear?, or are there other problems. Just let me know when you have any body parts surplus to requirments, thanks on that.

Spent all morning just trying to replace the battery leads on my shop van, Norweigians were cheap skates on this, too small & poor quality.

Will follow your progress.

Regards.

Hi Mick

Are you taking the engine out to replace the fibre timing gear?, or are there other problems.

Regards.

We have another engine for her, the one we took out has a crack in the block that has been repaired at some time in the past but not very well. The new engine is untested so I have until next weekend to check it out and give it a coat of paint, then its back in on Saturday (hopefully), Just finished servicing and a coat of paint for the gearbox so that is ready to go in next weekend also.

Hey Mick.

You really should make a Blog out of this! 8)

Ok I will move it all over to "Blogs of MV restorations" Jack.

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4666#4666

Mick

p1010039_157.jpg

Cool man!

Are you going to do the whole restoration in front of your house?

Yep, thats where all our restoration jobs have taken place :D Neighbours are not too bad, I think they have given up complaining :lol:

Mick.

LOL I would not dare to keep my Dodge out on the street day and night. Do you have an shed somewhere or do you keep your vehicle out 24/7?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mick, would there be a chance you could take a picture of the fuel tank, on your shop van, I am trying te see how the stone guard beneath the tank attaches. My shop van had a fuel tank made for it, which does not include the stone guard, I may have found a original tank but not the guard, any help would be appreciated. Regards Shopnut

Hi Mick, would there be a chance you could take a picture of the fuel tank, on your shop van, I am trying te see how the stone guard beneath the tank attaches. My shop van had a fuel tank made for it, which does not include the stone guard, I may have found a original tank but not the guard, any help would be appreciated. Regards Shopnut

Here are some photos Shopnut, we will be changing the fuel tank at some time in the future as the Clubmobile will need a regular LWB fuel tank.

Mick.

51.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg