Land Rover Perentie RFSV

Mk3iain

Selling my Land Rover Perentie.  Due to lack of use and my eye on something else.  In fantastic original condition and amazing spec and with only 30570 km on the clock !

This is an extremely rare vehicle in the UK and with a better spec that a Wolf with the Isuzu 4BD1 3.9l engine. There will not be another in this condition !

I have driven around 3k ( Almost half was the journey home from the importer in Milton Keynes) in the last 6 years and have spent most of the time cleaning and painting the suspension and overhauling brakes etc. Not that it needed it.

Picture was taken in better weather than we have now but it has not changed.

More to come !  

image1.JPG

Edited by Mk3iain
More stuff.

An interesting article telling the Perentie story.  Hopefully its OK to post !

p52-65 Perentie.pdf

This is the Australian government agency "Australian Frontline Machinery", database of manuals.

All vehicle manuals available to download.

https://afmsafety.com.au/safety/termsandconditions/database/#LR4X4ALL

Edited by Mk3iain
Add a bit...

I have done some long drives in Australia with a 4x4 Perentie, a sound vehicle. Also back in 1992 I was involved with a RAEME unit as we were both taking part in a Variety Club Bash (car rally) and I had to take an army driving test in a 6x6 Perentie so we could use it as a support vehicle, now that was one vehicle I would have liked, especially the workshop version.

Good luck with the sale.

1 minute ago, Richard Farrant said:

I have done some long drives in Australia with a 4x4 Perentie, a sound vehicle. Also back in 1992 I was involved with a RAEME unit as we were both taking part in a Variety Club Bash (car rally) and I had to take an army driving test in a 6x6 Perentie so we could use it as a support vehicle, now that was one vehicle I would have liked, especially the workshop version.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Richard, I have loved having it and will regret letting it go but I don't do any miles and it just sits being pampered.  The 6x6 are impressive but the GVW is a bit much for here. I would still like one though, maybe...

11 minutes ago, radiomike7 said:

I'm not familiar with these, is the lower cover on the transfer box used for the 3rd axle drive on a 6x6?

image.png.29bf9d4a26d7e59f93a0eb99e99b84cb.png

Hi Mike, No that's the PTO for the winch, it's chain driven.  The output for the third axel was taken from the cover plate above it that is often used for an overdrive unit.

The bit that sticks out to the rear is the torque limiter for the winch output.

Edited by Mk3iain
More stuff.

• 2 months later...